Rome Anthem vs Rossi One Mag vs Arbor Element - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Anthem vs Rossi One Mag vs Arbor Element

Rome Anthem vs Rossi One Mag vs Arbor Element...which should I get based on performance for all mountain (no park)?

I like the magnatraction on the Rossi One Mag but have heard the Arbor Element and Rome Anthem have such great edge hold that even on ice
it's not a problem. I've ridden a magnatraction board and love the grip on ice so my preference based on that only steers me towards
the Rossi.

Any thoughts???
FacePlanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I currently ride the Flag from I believe 2006/7 which is pretty much the wider anthem. As far as edge hold goes, it's definitely better than my old Ride Yukon or Ride Decade was but definitely not up to my buddy's SkunkApe with MTX. I ride here on the East Coast too so it's important.

As far as overall ride, if your looking to charge the mountain the Anthem/Flag rips for sure. It's a bit on the stiffer side though so for jumps it's great boxes and rails not so much.

I know they've udated the boards over the last couple of seasons so some of this might have changed but I wanted to give you my input. Board is solid, but if you're concerned about edgehold you may want to stick with that Rossi
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adela View Post
Try a lot of boots to make sure you find a model that fits well. Make sure to include 32's in the list of possibilities. 32 has some of the lightest boots on the market. Give them a try.
he asked for help with a board, not boots.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

lisrevolution, thanks for the advice. I think the Rome Anthem is off the list. I'm hearing that it's very stiff from alot of websites and I'm a lighter rider at 140# so even with the 153 I think it wouldn't suit my tastes.

Anyone have thoughts on the Arbor Element from the last few seasons?
FacePlanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bought mine end of season, but I wasn't seriously considering the other boards you were so not sure how much help I can be. Got three days on it in the spring, so I rode everything; ice, corn, slush, a little powder. Can't outride this board, can't out-carve this board, I'm not great but it's already making me better. A little stiffer than average I'd say, but if you size down it shouldn't be a problem.

2010 Arbor Element
2010 Rome Targa
2011 NS Evo
2011 Rome 390 Boss
2009 Salomon F22
mwl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I personally loved the Rossi One Mag. It was a great board especially considering it's relatively cheap price. I live in Michigan so Ice is pretty much all I get here. The One Mag held a superb edge on ice. It was also a pretty damp ride. Board chatter was very minimal. The pop was rather lacking as well, but hey... this board did it's job of killing icey steeps pretty damn well.

I do hear Arbor boards are really great boards. I wouldn't be opposed to picking one up at all. I know a few members here ride the Element so maybe then can chime in.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePlanter View Post
lisrevolution, thanks for the advice. I think the Rome Anthem is off the list. I'm hearing that it's very stiff from alot of websites and I'm a lighter rider at 140# so even with the 153 I think it wouldn't suit my tastes.

Anyone have thoughts on the Arbor Element from the last few seasons?
No problem, like I said if straight bombing groomers or taking on steeps is what you want then you'll be happy with it but if you're looking for a bit more flexability in the deck than maybe you want to look at something like the Agent from Rome or the SL-R from NeverSummer as well
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote