Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   park pickle or burton (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/29007-park-pickle-burton.html)

bigdirty 06-11-2010 07:00 AM

park pickle or burton

So i just spent a season on a burton custom 167 and until this year I never spent any time in the park.I had a hard time with my custom being so big and was hard to learn park with such a big board. This year I am looking to get either a gnu park pickle or a burton joystick . I am a bigger guy being 6'2 and 220lbs the pickle I am looking at is a 159 and the joystick is a 161 I have never used a reverse camber board and would like something I could learn park with but also enjoy back country and just free riding. I am just stuck and would like some opinions maybe from people that have tried these boards.

SHREDDER97 07-31-2010 10:25 PM

definitly the joystick... some people will say park pickle but in my opinion its strick prk and will kill ur legs in the pow the joystick performes everywhere pow boxes jumps it got a stifness of 4 which is awesome joystick all the way.. look into the lib tech skate banana if u want to put more money in it but it will be in the middle or the park pickle and joystick

SPAZ 08-01-2010 10:52 AM

pickle. /thread

CaRMaNiA666 08-01-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHREDDER97 (Post 297758)
definitly the joystick... some people will say park pickle but in my opinion its strick prk and will kill ur legs in the pow the joystick performes everywhere pow boxes jumps it got a stifness of 4 which is awesome joystick all the way.. look into the lib tech skate banana if u want to put more money in it but it will be in the middle or the park pickle and joystick

definitly the park pickle and definitly dont listen to this guy...you can take it anywhere its not just a park board, the rocker will help you float in pow if you wanna take it there. the 159 will be stiff enough that you can do bomb runs without feeling like its a noodle. its a good all around board jumps well, you can press it all day. also the park pickle is the same thing as the skate banana with asymetic sidecuts, same price too. the only downfall lib techs and gnu's have is there top sheets are crap.....but i would still definitly get the park pickle....

beatla5 08-03-2010 12:40 AM

How does the park pickle do in the powder?

linvillegorge 08-03-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPAZ (Post 297794)
pickle. /thread

:thumbsup:

thetraveler 08-03-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdirty (Post 292849)
So i just spent a season on a burton custom 167 and until this year I never spent any time in the park.I had a hard time with my custom being so big and was hard to learn park with such a big board. This year I am looking to get either a gnu park pickle or a burton joystick . I am a bigger guy being 6'2 and 220lbs the pickle I am looking at is a 159 and the joystick is a 161 I have never used a reverse camber board and would like something I could learn park with but also enjoy back country and just free riding. I am just stuck and would like some opinions maybe from people that have tried these boards.

I had a similar experience last season riding a mega wide 165 - difficult to have fun in the park. This season I choose a shorter but still very stiff board and I had tons of fun in the park.

So, maybe also take a look at the GNU Danny Kass 158. Its still a twin tip freestyle board but stiffer than Park Pickle and Joystick. Given your height/weight I think it might be the right length for park without being unstable/too much of a noodle on the groomers.

For free-riding and backcountry, why not just stick with the Custom?