park pickle or burton - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
park pickle or burton

So i just spent a season on a burton custom 167 and until this year I never spent any time in the park.I had a hard time with my custom being so big and was hard to learn park with such a big board. This year I am looking to get either a gnu park pickle or a burton joystick . I am a bigger guy being 6'2 and 220lbs the pickle I am looking at is a 159 and the joystick is a 161 I have never used a reverse camber board and would like something I could learn park with but also enjoy back country and just free riding. I am just stuck and would like some opinions maybe from people that have tried these boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 PM

definitly the joystick... some people will say park pickle but in my opinion its strick prk and will kill ur legs in the pow the joystick performes everywhere pow boxes jumps it got a stifness of 4 which is awesome joystick all the way.. look into the lib tech skate banana if u want to put more money in it but it will be in the middle or the park pickle and joystick
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

pickle. /thread

2011 Never Summer Revolver-R 156
2011 Flux RK30's
2010 Rome Libertines
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDDER97 View Post
definitly the joystick... some people will say park pickle but in my opinion its strick prk and will kill ur legs in the pow the joystick performes everywhere pow boxes jumps it got a stifness of 4 which is awesome joystick all the way.. look into the lib tech skate banana if u want to put more money in it but it will be in the middle or the park pickle and joystick
definitly the park pickle and definitly dont listen to this guy...you can take it anywhere its not just a park board, the rocker will help you float in pow if you wanna take it there. the 159 will be stiff enough that you can do bomb runs without feeling like its a noodle. its a good all around board jumps well, you can press it all day. also the park pickle is the same thing as the skate banana with asymetic sidecuts, same price too. the only downfall lib techs and gnu's have is there top sheets are crap.....but i would still definitly get the park pickle....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 AM
beatla5

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
How does the park pickle do in the powder?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
pickle. /thread
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
So i just spent a season on a burton custom 167 and until this year I never spent any time in the park.I had a hard time with my custom being so big and was hard to learn park with such a big board. This year I am looking to get either a gnu park pickle or a burton joystick . I am a bigger guy being 6'2 and 220lbs the pickle I am looking at is a 159 and the joystick is a 161 I have never used a reverse camber board and would like something I could learn park with but also enjoy back country and just free riding. I am just stuck and would like some opinions maybe from people that have tried these boards.
I had a similar experience last season riding a mega wide 165 - difficult to have fun in the park. This season I choose a shorter but still very stiff board and I had tons of fun in the park.

So, maybe also take a look at the GNU Danny Kass 158. Its still a twin tip freestyle board but stiffer than Park Pickle and Joystick. Given your height/weight I think it might be the right length for park without being unstable/too much of a noodle on the groomers.

For free-riding and backcountry, why not just stick with the Custom?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode