Ride Society or DH2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Society or DH2

Just bought a pair of the new Ride Contrabands and am deciding over what type of stick to slap those bindings on. I love crushin all mountain but am looking for a board that is more park oriented. I know that the DH2 is killer in the park--rails, jumps, boxes etc--but is the society the same way? Things that I've read and heard say the Society is too stiff to kill rails and isn't much of a jibber. Is the Society too stiff? Any feedback is greatly appreciated
swanesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dh2 is not that soft ether. More of a big jump or backcountry board. Machete might be closer to what you want
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mdrnsamurai

The KINK would be perfect for what you are looking for. Perfect for all over the mountain, and it loves the park. Great Torsional and Longitudinal Flex with lots of pop. The 2011 model has the new ProRize Rocker and the Cleave Edge which is super durable.

2011 Ride Kink

Ride Hard, Ride Safe,
Just Ride!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I looked into the Kink but was worried that it might be too buttery to do anything serious on jumps or around the mountain. I just haven't played with the society and am really leaning towards that board. I sketch about how it is on rails in particular. Any word on that by chance?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i rode the kink a few years ago and it was a soft damp park board. Just not beefy enough in the middle to really charge anything natural. machete has a little less carbon then the DH2, level 3 array, and 1.0 rods vs 4 and 2.0. Im not crazy about their side cut slime wall combo when on firm snow, they claim "no hook", it just doesn't want to initiate. Its opposite to Never Summers, tighter in the middle and wider in the nose and tail. It might take some time to adjust i only rode the dh2 a few times in firm conditions and steeper slopes.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This is where demoes will help. I know I know, its June. But I've ridden a crush, machete, own a kink and know people that have or have ridden the DH2. Don't know anyone that has the Society though, but its more of a big booter board anyway.

From my experience, everyone has slightly differing opinions on what they like each deck for. For me, I like the Kink as an all park board with a little more focus on rails, the Crush for a one board quiver, the Machete for a Jump slayer, and the DH2 to make the whole MTN your park, including the park.

Thats MY Ride park board breakdown.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's a stellar breakdown of the boards. After looking around all I read was that the DH2 is basically a true all mountain freestyle board that can hit the park and ride all mountain. Just bought the DH2. Thanks for all the comments. Ride on
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I should put a disclaimer though since my breakdown is pretty specific to 09/10. I know the DH2 for '11 has prorize instead of lowrize so that is going to change the ride. I've also heard it got stiffer. Its probably more of a SL'R, Jibpan, Mod kinda style now.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote