Option Kevin Sansalone 153?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Default Option Kevin Sansalone 153??

Just got one that was a demo board at the local shop for about $50 with a perfect base and wondered if anybody here has ridden this board or any Option board. I am about 5'10" and weigh around 170lbs right now. I usually ride either a 158 or a 161.5 for my freeride boards but I wanted a short stubby little board to start playing with the rails, and to throw some tight turns through the moguls. I'll be riding it tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I think of it. This thing feels tiny under my feet compared to my 158.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
NoSoOp4U

my bro's got a sansaone 165.5W or 164.5W cant remember. he seems to like it although he hasnt ridden for like 4 years. i rode it once when i tried out snowboarding very responsive with his ride spi's (almost clipped a kid in the face by accident lol!) its alot stiffer compared to my rome manual i just got. ive read reviews and havnt heard bad things about it.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Just got it all waxed up and ready to go, I'll have a review written up for it tomorrow. It's definitely the flexiest board I have right now. I have my SPI's strapped to it as we speak, I've never ridden a board smaller than a 158 so this should be fun. If it performs as I expect it to I'll probably be getting a new pair of Ride bindings for it soon here.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
NoSoOp4U

i believe they have different models of them because before they stopped making them: the clown one was for freestyle and the one with the native indian bird was labled as a freeride. so possibly thats why i still find my bros board kinda stiff. unless my board is just super soft. the rome is my first board so ya....
Old 01-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well it is a 153 and it was soft as butter under me today, ripped it up in 14"+ powder all day and no problems. Mine is a year or two old so I'm not sure what it was labelled as but it was a fun little ride today. If anyone gets a chance to try an Option board I'd reccomend it.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
NoSoOp4U

i believe they use aspen or some exotic wood in them, i know my brothers has it. i almost got a 2007 163 sansalone but it wasnt a wide so it would have been a problem. i found it hard to flex my brothers board with my hands barely moves so dunno. his has some kind of flames on the board. with the red option logo looking like a flower on a white base.