Rome Artifact? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
I-board

Default Rome Artifact?

I've been looking for a new board and the Rome Artifact really caught my eye. I do lots of rails but also lots of jumps. What do you guys think of it? I've heard it's light, has great flex and pretty good pop but you can't get much speed.

Will I still be able to get enough speed to clear large jumps or should I look into something else? Would you guys recommend it to someone who likes to do rails and likes to butter but also likes to do large jumps?

I'm not really wondering about whether it will fit me or not (because I already know) I just want to know if it will fit my riding style or will it be too slow to hit larger jumps. (jumps and rails)

(also, does it carve nicely? I've heard both yes and no so I'm confused)

Last edited by I-board; 01-06-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
berg

anything that's properly waxed and not a walmart step in special will have plenty of speed for everything in the park. i think it's referred to as a slower board when compared to freecarve or freeride boards. kinda like calling a porsche slow in a field of mclarens.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
I-board

Good to know. Thanks.

I think I'll pick one up, then.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Yeah, the Artifact is a great board in Rome's lineup. I think either that or the Slash would be a great fit for you.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i have the artifact 159 and used it for 7 of the last 8 days riding, on everything from bullet proof piste to fresh fallen flake.

it is a good buttering tool and is perfect (what with brass edges) for rails and what not. the flex and pop are a tad soft for a fatty like me, but it still gives good and forgiving control for those who like to fly and twist about a little

if you got it, then good choice. if you haven't, then what are you waiting for?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
skavenger21

i hav eone and its great rails are great on it and jumps are alright but ive always liked a stiffer board for jumps
Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
RailJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-board View Post
I've been looking for a new board and the Rome Artifact really caught my eye. I do lots of rails but also lots of jumps. What do you guys think of it? I've heard it's light, has great flex and pretty good pop but you can't get much speed.

Will I still be able to get enough speed to clear large jumps or should I look into something else? Would you guys recommend it to someone who likes to do rails and likes to butter but also likes to do large jumps?

I'm not really wondering about whether it will fit me or not (because I already know) I just want to know if it will fit my riding style or will it be too slow to hit larger jumps. (jumps and rails)

(also, does it carve nicely? I've heard both yes and no so I'm confused)
This board is amazing, one of the greatest boards out there, stylish too.
The speed rumer, is a lie. Goes just a fast as any other board, if you want to keep going fast wax your board every 2 months, conditions change and you dont want to have to hop to the park. The board is extreamly flexible, if you hit large jumps be careful, its a rail board, possible to snap the tail or nose off if you land sketchy. :P Also, any board can carve good, just depends on the riders ability to control it. Hope that helps with what your asking.

And P.S.
Dont get a board taller than 2inches from your chin, takes away from the flex, im 5' 11" and i ride a 154 if that helps with size range, dont measure weight, just height...
Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailJunkie View Post
And P.S. Dont get a board taller than 2inches from your chin, takes away from the flex, im 5' 11" and i ride a 154 if that helps with size range, dont measure weight, just height...
Is this an April fools joke? I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure this is really bad advice. Weight is the biggest factor for board size along with the intended use of the board. The only way I see height impact the length and flex is due to the width of your stance. Maybe I'm missing something...
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
RailJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Is this an April fools joke? I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure this is really bad advice. Weight is the biggest factor for board size along with the intended use of the board. The only way I see height impact the length and flex is due to the width of your stance. Maybe I'm missing something...
You dont want to go by weight range when buying a rail board, im a park rat, i would know this better since i waste all my time in the park. Most people that break boards are either fat or extreamly good riders, he doesnt sound like either so thats why i recomended that fitting. I dont know his height, but a 154 or 156 sounds good because he's hitting jumps, if he was only riding rails, he could go with the 150.