2011 Ride Machete... 6 days of use and it's done. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Mossy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
2011 Ride Machete... 6 days of use and it's done.

Well, just started my season in New Zealand and bought myself a Ride Machete, now I probably shouldn't of splashed out on such an expensive board but I got a good deal.

Today was my 6th day of use, was carving down the boarder cross track, caught my edge and bailed. Resulted in me tumbling and the tail of my board cracked, bent the edge and the base has bent out and cracked. Had a mate check it out who works in a repair/tuning shop and doubts they will replace my board. He said it looks like the area of where the core ends, so not a defect he thinks.

Right now feeling pretty gutted. Anyone had any experience with Ride and warranties? The thing that annoys me is the bail wasn't that hard, I've done worse, but I guess the way the board hit the ground, it hit a weak point, but surely the board could withstand more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Never hurts to shoot them an email.

Try to seem like you feel bad for inconveniencing them with your issue, and make sure to tell them that you love their products before you ask if they can do anything.

My friend does this and hasn't paid for boots in 3 years.

Really for me, I'll only do this with a company I really do like. Instead of being just some email asking for a warranty board, you become an actual person hoping that the company you like will graciously hook you up.

Ashbury has sent me like 4 replacement lenses this way too, which is also why they gets my monies when I do spend them.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The Ride team is super cool. They have excellent customer service. Go ahead and shoot them an email. As Nivek said, do not demand anything or complain that your board is still new. Just tell them the story and let them know that you are sad rather than mad. Warranties are handled on a case-to-case basis so they might throw you a bone. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Agreed. Don't come off as a jerk wanting a warranty repair. Based on a buddy's experience, Ride tends to be decent in their warranties.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
Agreed. Don't come off as a jerk wanting a warranty repair. Based on a buddy's experience, Ride tends to be decent in their warranties.
+1

Ride is pretty standup about warranties and CS.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
User Error.

i am a snowboard junky shop kid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode