Small Guy Riding a Womens Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
incrediboy

Default Small Guy Riding a Womens Board?

Hello. Well, about a year and a half ago I bought a 07 Burton Feelgood (Riders' Voice | View Snowboard | Burton | Feelgood | 2007) 152 cm. When I bought it, the guy who sold it to me basically said it was a womens board, but it could cross over to guys too. Is it weird I ride a womens board? I'm a very short guy (17, 5'5", 125lb) and I do alot of park riding. It has a lot of flex to it, and I got scored it brand new for $200. I like the graphics, and it's treated me well. But is it really uncommon to ride a womens board? For someone my size and riding style, is this a good board for me? I assume this was one of their higher end boards, correct?
Thank you for your time.
-Brett

Last edited by incrediboy; 07-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

There'd only be two concerns that I can think of: One, the graphics (bows and fairies will get you beat up) and two, the toughness of the board. For any height and weight, guys are generally stronger and more agressive than girls. So if you break the board, that'll be your answer. As far as edge, shape, etc, I really doubt there'd be a difference.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Um, I think the big difference between women's and men's boards is simply the size. The average guy is bigger then the average women, so women boards are typically just smaller, I don't know if there is actually a big tech or shape difference. I know there are girls who ride guy's boards, so. I stand corrected if someone else chimes in.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey man, if you have fun on it and it doesn't hold you back at all then ride the sucker! The only concern would be weight, you'll probably gain a little weight as you get older. If it starts getting sloppy soft then it's time to move on, but for now you should be fine.

I didn't read up on the specs of that years model but I checked their main site and it is very similar to alot of the guy's boards, so in my opinion it shouldn't hurt things any. If you like the graphics then rock it.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it being a woman's board. The only main difference I know of is the waist width (smaller for smaller women's feet).
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You guys are wrong about the differences between men's and women's. The board is soft for you, but for females it is actually on the stiffer side. The feelgood is the female version of the men's Custom. The feelgood es is the Custom X. The Custom is meant to be middle of the road flex. Women's boards are softer flexing than men's. Waist width is also slimmer. Torsional flex is also softer.

Can you ride it? Sure you can. Is it weird? I personally think it is very weird. But all of that is besides the point. What gets to me is that someone suckered you into buying a female board for $200. I understand if it was under $100. However, you could have found a men's board for $200. Is $200 a good price for the feelgood? Yes it is. It's a good price for a female who is getting the correct use out of it. You could have bought a soft men's park board.

Whatever though. It's working for you and you like the graphics so what does it really matter? Not like you can return it anyway. Just enjoy the shred. You could always cover the top sheet with stickers.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident poet

I ride 2 women's boards (gnu b-nice 153 and option trinity 158) and 1 men's (option northshore 161) due to freakish small feet...but I want fast edge to edge and got them cheap. Have tried various men's boards but the width makes them abit too sluggish.