Bataleon Fun Kink - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Fun Kink

What do you know about the company Bataleon, specifically the Fun Kink. I am looking at getting a park board and i like this board. The others I am considering are Never Summer Evo and Lib Tech Banana, which are from reputable companies.
bassholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Evo has the best tech and is by far the most durable of the boards you've mentioned.

Everyone and their mom rides a damn banana it seems, and who knows why because it's a shitty design....

And I personally don't have park experience on a Bataleon, but I hated my The Jam for all mountain use. It didn't hold an edge with my style of riding.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
The Evo has the best tech and is by far the most durable of the boards you've mentioned.

Everyone and their mom rides a damn banana it seems, and who knows why because it's a shitty design....

And I personally don't have park experience on a Bataleon, but I hated my The Jam for all mountain use. It didn't hold an edge with my style of riding.
Thank you, I want to get away from what everyone else has, but by doing that i am taking the risk of getting a board that is not up to par. I would like a design that everyone does not have but by going with Evo or Banana then everyone will have it
Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What region are you from?

I live in the back yard of NS snowboards and I still see far more Bananas than Evo's.

Either way, I feel you on not wanting the same shit as everyone else. I can't suggest you a super small company that's quality other than Stepchild if you're focusing that heavily on being unique.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am in the northeast. I do not want what everyone else has, but do want quality. Is a more flexible board bad for getting air? Or what is the benefit of a less stiff board?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

For quality look at hand built board companies they offer some of the better warranties and are more apt to give you info one on one. Personal vote goes for NS EVO but until you ride a couple boards you just will not know what is right for you. Arbor is another option for you.

As for not getting what everyone else has guess you should look into some of the newer companies out there. Try and find a shop near you that will let you demo a couple because in the North East most Brand demos are hitting around late January or February so season is already well on its way.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Im going to go with your first choice the bataleon fun kink. I have had two bataleon boards. they have some great tech, the boards Ive owned were stiff freeride boards and the there TBT tech worked great but I felt was more geared towards a soft park board instead of a hard charging freeride board. the TBT makes it GREAT for not catching an edge and helps drastically in tweaking out tricks for example if you dont make the spin all the way you will still ride it out instead of eating it hard. that plus butter spins and rails it would work great on. Dont get me wrong either it still holds a great edge while carving but doesnt rail when you need it to when bombing at mach speeds. also the construction is top notch and there base's are hard as S%!T. Ive run over rock gardens and still no marks. So my pick is the fun Kink.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the input. This coming season I will be working more on my arials and flat land rather than my ability to hit boxes and rails.

I expect to ride 20 times next season and am not too worried about a warranty. As I am searching the forum i see that the Ride DH is a good park board as well. I am in no rush to purchase another board, but i feel now is better to get a good pick off discounted boards. Mind you i found excellent discounts last December at the beginning of the season, so i know i have time to search.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Ride DH is technically more of a do it all board then a straight park stick.

My girlfriend rides a Fun Kink and likes it, so you got that much going for it.

The last thing you want to do is not worry about a warranty. That's a very inexperienced way of thinking...... Anyone who's been riding for a good amount of time, knows you can blow up a board anytime.

The 3 year warranty from Never Summer is very respectable, and comes in handy.

I blew my very first board up in 20 days but the warranty was already over or else it would've been replaced because it delaminated
Old 07-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bataleons are the shit. I've owned nearly every board in their lineup from various years and sizes, and loved them all. Unlike Milo, the Jam is actually my favorite of them all. Go with the Fun Kink, and you can't go wrong. Pretty exclusive too, so it'll be rare to see another one on the mountain.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote