NS Evo-r vs. K2 Believer and 148cm vs 151cm - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Evo-r vs. K2 Believer and 148cm vs 151cm

So I need a new board this winter. I was going to wait until closer to the season, but I just saw a great deal on a believer.
A quick about me : I am 5'8 and weigh ~125. Pretty much I like to hit the bigger booters like 30-60ft and want to go bigger. I usually go pretty fast when i'm not in the park. I actually have stayed away from boxes and rails, but plan on hitting them this season.

Right now I have either a 06 or 07 152cm forum destroyer. I hate that thing! Super heavy and feels like a 2" thick plank with edges... Just does not flex with me on it.

So I think I need to get a 148cm board and if I do that then I will get the 2011 evo. If the 151 believer will work for me then I would prefer to get that and save some cash. These are my top 2 choices and I am also considering the celebrity b.s. too.

So to sum it up, which board will be better for my needs? A 148 2011 evo or a 151 2010 believer?
racerstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just picked up a NS 2010 Evo, and boy is this thing WAY different then what I have,(Atomix Hatchet). Plenty of flex, I strapped mine in on some carpet and was throwing the thing around like a tennis ball. I can't wait to butter this thing in some powder, the nose is going to go so high! While it does have lots of flex, it's still not noodle-esque though so I think it will handle much higher speeds then the average park board, it may also be a bit more stable landing jumps since the thing doesn't go "Boing!". The Rocker and sidecut designs also help making it a pretty catch free ride, something that is nice when your landing tricks. I understand it handles pow pretty well also. Kinda of a jack-of-all trades while still being a solid park board. If you do go with the Evo you may want to stay 151, just because the way these things ride you can go a little bit bigger then you normally would.

From what it looks like the Believer is more of a kicker/freeride/freestyle board. If you plan on more of a freeride experience with the kickers thrown in, this may be a better choice. I think though if your planning on hitting jib features and preforming flatland tricks, along with everything else, the Evo will be better.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Between the two boards you're looking at, get the Believer. The Evo is considerably softer than the Believer so hitting kickers with the Evo may not be the best plan. The Believer is fantastic in the park (ie kickers and pipe) and I would say is good on rails. As stated earlier, the Believer is stiff (IMO anyways) so it doesn't wrap around rails as much as I would like it to, but still does the job. Out of the park, the Believer is also a great freeride board.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

So, is the believer softer and more playful than my destroyer?
Also do the believer and evo weigh about the same or is one heavier than the other?

I will probably do about 80% jumps and 20% jibs and the only jibs that interest me are the ones that throw you in the air... Will be riding the pipe with this board too.

Hmm well I am leaning towards the believer, but would like some more opinions.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are you measuring the jumps from end of the lip to beginning of the knuckle or start of take off to end of landing? Cause if you're going past 60 feet which by the way is FUCKING HUGE go with a 51 as you'll need the stability. I'd also say either or is going to be fine for jumping, the new Evo rides different due to the flat spot in the tip and tails than the old 2010 but has a better ollie spot for popping, while the believer is flat camber and rides like a broken in deck.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Are you measuring the jumps from end of the lip to beginning of the knuckle or start of take off to end of landing? Cause if you're going past 60 feet which by the way is FUCKING HUGE go with a 51 as you'll need the stability. I'd also say either or is going to be fine for jumping, the new Evo rides different due to the flat spot in the tip and tails than the old 2010 but has a better ollie spot for popping, while the believer is flat camber and rides like a broken in deck.
Holy crap, I didn't even think about it being lip to knuckle, I thought it was from the start of the launch to the end of the landing. Fak, 60ft lip to knuckle would be HUGE!! OP, you gotta video that ish if you're jumping that!

Anyhow, I've never riden a destroyer, so I can't tell you if it is stiffer than a Believer. Maybe BA can chime in.

In terms of weight, I think the Evo and Believer are about the same.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yea lip to knuckle is what I mean, but I said it wrong though. The biggest I have hit is a 40 because of lack of insurance and that was the biggest we had last year. I have insurance this year, so when I find a 60 I will hit it and want to go up to an 80 but thats it... It's funny though cuz rails scare me much more than a jump does.

Yea I would like to know how stiff the believer is compared to an old destroyer like mine.
The Believer still has plenty of pop right? I think the reason why I am scared of jibs is because I have a hard time getting the destroyer to pop... With my weight will the believer still be easy enough for me to flex?

I am probably going to get the believer since it's so cheap right now. I am confident it will rock the jumps, but just want to make sure jibs will be manageable...

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're hitting 60 foot gaps and asking us?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Good luck finding an 80 footer. I don't think I've ever seen one.

I think we need a new rule around here. If you come in here talking about anything over, say 40 feet, pics or STFU and GTFO. A 40 footer is a BIG jump. Anything over 40 is getting into huge territory.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Good luck finding an 80 footer. I don't think I've ever seen one.

I think we need a new rule around here. If you come in here talking about anything over, say 40 feet, pics or STFU and GTFO. A 40 footer is a BIG jump. Anything over 40 is getting into huge territory.
Jump 6 in Parklane is 43 feet, Jump 2 in Freeway is 80 feet and Jump 3 is 100 I believe. Just got to stop riding Echo and ride man parks at Breck.