Which free style board is best?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
gj_gaz

Default Which free style board is best??

Hi guys and girls,

Ive been boarding now for about 3 years and now want to move on to the freestyle/park side of the sport.
I currently own a ride antic(wide) but want something more flexable and smaller for the park. Have three boards in mind and am wondering if you guys can help me choose??
I have size 11 boots so narrow boards are a no no.
The boards below are the ones i am intrested in.

- Ride Kink rocker (2011)
- K2 WWW rocker (2011)
- Forum manual (2010- in the sale £220)

Which would be the best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj_gaz View Post
Hi guys and girls,

Ive been boarding now for about 3 years and now want to move on to the freestyle/park side of the sport.
I currently own a ride antic(wide) but want something more flexable and smaller for the park. Have three boards in mind and am wondering if you guys can help me choose??
I have size 11 boots so narrow boards are a no no.
The boards below are the ones i am intrested in.

- Ride Kink rocker (2011)
- K2 WWW rocker (2011)
- Forum manual (2010- in the sale £220)

Which would be the best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think board preference is a relatively subjective thing so its hard to say what is the best board for you (presumably you want the best board for you?). Do you have the oppotunity to take these boards out for a test ride?
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
gj_gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
I think board preference is a relatively subjective thing so its hard to say what is the best board for you (presumably you want the best board for you?). Do you have the oppotunity to take these boards out for a test ride?
Ive got a chance to try out the ride kink and the K2 weapon however it costs £15 to try each board. Is there any other freestyle boards (fit size 11 feet) that you can recommend?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have last years ride Kink and its a great board . it is my back up . i stay true to my gnu

Snowboard Skateboard Wall Mounted Indoor Rack
Login | Facebook

LIVING 2 KILL IT
Mountainmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj_gaz View Post
Ive got a chance to try out the ride kink and the K2 weapon however it costs £15 to try each board. Is there any other freestyle boards (fit size 11 feet) that you can recommend?

Where do you live? If you live in the UK, I don´t know of any places where you can take the board for a ride in a park (I assume you are looking for a park board) so, you will not really know how you board performs on the things you want it to do. It might be worth waiting until you go for a snowboarding holiday to test/buy a board especially as in the mountains there will be greater choice and it will be cheaper (some shops will not charge you anything for testing a board and some shops will charge you for rental but will then knock off the cost of the rental from the price of the board when you buy).

Also, as a personal example of why I think buying the best board is subjective, I was recently looking for a freestyle board. I tried a number of so-called freestyle boards and ended up picking a shorter all mountain board (157W Lando Lib Tech) because I like its shape and how it performs in the park (for the things that I like to do in the park). If you try things out in the mountain you will give yourself the best chance to find the right board for you.

Sorry for not actually giving you any other recommendations

thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

There's no "best board" in snowboarding, because if there was a definitive best board, it'd be the only board on the market. It's what fits the rider's preffrences best.
I'm not 100% sure, but i believe i saw reviews about the K2 board breaking very easily.

I'd say check out NS/Capita, but once again it's what fits a rider best, and i assume you did your research.
Good luck finding the right board for you.
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote