Looking for 2011 board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for 2011 board

im open to any thoughts (im really looking for mostly rocker or rocker and camber boards) but im kinda stuck between the dh2 and the machete. i want something that would be mostly for normal riding (i sometimes ride steep stuff when im feelin it) and alot of park riding. i like a little more flexible board. so really any boards you think would suit me best.
ive been riding for about 4 years im 15 years old 135-140 lbs and about 5'6"
also how do you guys like the bataleon boards?

Last edited by Starter; 08-05-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the machete is gna be the stiffer of the 2...i was lookin into this excact same thing a few weeks ago..the DH2 seems to be great in the park and jumps, but still be stiff enough for the mtn runs. the machete would be mainly for mtn. run and jumps. hope this helped some
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
the machete is gna be the stiffer of the 2...i was lookin into this excact same thing a few weeks ago..the DH2 seems to be great in the park and jumps, but still be stiff enough for the mtn runs. the machete would be mainly for mtn. run and jumps. hope this helped some
hmm thats odd because the dh2 is rated a 7 stiffness and the machete is a 6 but in all honesty im not set on these two boards only im really open to anything
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter View Post
hmm thats odd because the dh2 is rated a 7 stiffness and the machete is a 6 but in all honesty im not set on these two boards only im really open to anything
ok..well check out some videos on youtube of them, search 2011 ride snowboards, theres videos that will come up... the machete seems to be from ppl ive talked to that rode the 2010 model its a great all around board..and the DH2 leans more towards freestyle
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

I Had A 2010 DH2 and broke it the first day out. It must have been a fluke cause a friend of mine rides a machete and absolutley kills it on it. The machete is definately not just an all mountain board. Like I said bro wins all the local contests on it. He rides it on street rails and he also rides it doin 10's over 50+ft jumps. About the DH2 I think it felt stiffer then the machete (i did however ride the wide version). I also didnt think it was as good of a jibber due to the stiffness but would kill it on big jumps. the 2011 DH2 and machete are both slightly different. I know the DH2 gets Prorize rocker which is less rocker the the 2010. The machete Keeps the Lowrize rocker. Also the DH2 has alot mor carbon it has pop rods and the Carbon 5 instead of a carbon 3 array. Ride has all the 2011 stuff on the site already so check it out there. I think Machete for more Park, DH2 for more Mtn but thats just my opinion.
killacam25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the DH2 vs Machete debate went on all last year.. Ill say again what I said last year. No matter what the stats and talking heads say the proof is in the videos..
Machete and Crush(crush softest of the three youll find no debate there)are used by Hironaka, Leblanc, Mathes for urban jibs and park rails. They use the DH2 park jumps and backcountry booters.... that should let you know whats what
Old 07-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

I saw Sam Hulbert and Juuso Lavisto doing backcountry jumps on the machete and also Nick Hyne. So I guess it's all personal preference, you could always demo it if you can.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

where do i go to demo boards? (i dont have any big mountains near by)
Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

2011 Ride DH2 - Review - Ride Nation

DH2 review. Has some info about the Machete as well.
Apparently the DH2 has changed a little bit too this season.

Last edited by Snowfox; 07-18-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Holy Bad Grammar, Batman!
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Apparently the DH2 has changed a little bit to this season.
this is my biggest gripe with Ride .. they change the parameters of their boards too much .. the DH was originally a flexy jib board then the next season they introduced the kink and since then the dh has gotten progressively stiffer .. now they have both the crush and the machete between the two