In need of advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
airbob

Default Need board selection help

I am just starting out and in search of my first board, and after a decent amount of research, I've narrowed it down to the Hero LTD, Clash, and Custom V-Rocker (all burton).

I understand that the custom is a bit of a departure from the others and it is not really recommended for a beginner, but I was a little bit curious as to why that is, since most reviews I have read have remarked on how forgiving the board is and how catching an edge on it is nearly impossible. Also, I really like that it has the channel system that you can use the EST bindings with, and It seems as though if I can get a handle on it as a beginner and it truely is decently forgiving, then it will be a board that can grow with me and my skill level.

The Clash seems to be a good all-around beginner board, especially in icy conditions, which is probably what I'll see the most here in Pittsburgh, but I am a bit worried about the durability of the board and would like to get something that I'm not going to outgrow ability-wise because I'm eighteen and I won't be outgrowing anything size-wise anytime soon.

The Hero also seems to be a good beginner board, and It has the v-rocker, which I like. I am not really looking at this one as much as the others, though because I have read several people's feedback saying that it is terrible in ice.

Any feedback would be great..I want to get a board as soon as possible and definitely before the prices go back up in the winter. In case you can't tell, I'm basically just looking for someone to tell me that the custom will be fine for me to start with. haha...but really, I am open for suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited by airbob; 07-18-2010 at 12:00 PM.