What size Heritage or Heritage X? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Default What size Heritage or Heritage X?

Hey all - looking to upgrade this winter and replace a very old NS Legacy. I'm pretty much sold on the Heritage as something that fits my riding style but I need some help deciding what size to go for.

Since NS didn't make a 61w I think the regular width Heritage 162 would be a good fit, it's only .4cm narrower than the 59w, 1cm narrower than the 63w and about .7cm narrower than both my current boards.

I'm 6', about 205-210 pounds, size 11 boots. Both my decks right now are about 26.4cm wide and I'm comfortable on that, but i'm concerned about the sizes of the Heritage X. It comes in 59 and 63, which I think might be too short or too long.

Any advice?

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Boyne Mountain - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Personally do not see any issues with size 11 boots on the 162 Heritage( 25.7 waist width).

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

You could rock the 159 no prob. I'd go 159 if i were you.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

i know I think the 159 would probably be fine but i had a bad experience last season downsizing to a 157... leaning towards the regular wide 62 unless there's some fatties out there about my size who just rave about the 59w

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Boyne Mountain - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
Old 07-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Regular 62
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just to confuse you more, I am 6'2" and 205-210, size 11 boot and currently ride a 165 Heritage from 2006. Its going to be replaced by the new Heritage, and I have been wavering back and forth between staying at 165 or going down to a 162. I ride mainly in Colorado or West Virginia so I need a board and length for both the deep and steep and the icy granular back east. I like the length of the 165 and rode a buddies 158 last season for two runs at Snowshoe and couldn't believe the difference 7 cm makes. It was a completely different board though, some type of Capita that I didn't really dig.

Though, the board I learned on a was a 172 Morrow of some sort with a pointy nose and a flat tail....this was in 1992 if that gives you any perspective.

I pretty sure I'm staying at 165 in the new Heritage.

Last edited by jpb3; 07-18-2010 at 10:51 PM.
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You can go down slightly because of the new R/C shape. It will float in POW just as good as your 65 because of the elevated nose of the board.

It will feel a lot shorter then your 65 but it should float just as well.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Which heritages have you tried? I'm thinking about the 159x. I'm 173lbs size 11 coming off 164 camber. I'm worried 159 heritage x won't be as nice turning as the regular heritage, but am not sure if there is much difference between the 2 since I heard it has a deeper sidecut on 2011.
davenkaopua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb3 View Post
Just to confuse you more, I am 6'2" and 205-210, size 11 boot and currently ride a 165 Heritage from 2006. Its going to be replaced by the new Heritage, and I have been wavering back and forth between staying at 165 or going down to a 162. I ride mainly in Colorado or West Virginia so I need a board and length for both the deep and steep and the icy granular back east.
So we're about the same size, you're a little taller but same weight and boot size. I do about 80% of my riding on molehills in Michigan. If I'm lucky I get 5-7 days out west, and a few more random days at slightly larger "hills" in norther Michigan etc. So although your home mountains in WV are larger, I think we have kinda similar needs, too.

Quote:
I like the length of the 165 and rode a buddies 158 last season for two runs at Snowshoe and couldn't believe the difference 7 cm makes. It was a completely different board though, some type of Capita that I didn't really dig.
I know! I rode a 157 Burton X8 that I got for cheap which I was going to use as my "park board". I took it out for three sessions and just couldn't get used to the way it rode so I had to sell it. So I'm hesitant to downsize very much at all.

Quote:
Though, the board I learned on a was a 172 Morrow of some sort with a pointy nose and a flat tail....this was in 1992 if that gives you any perspective.
I learned on a 1995 K2 "Hardcore" 161. But I was about 25 pounds lighter back then...

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Boyne Mountain - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm wondering the same thing. This will be of no help, since I have yet to demo either board, but I'm leaning towards the regular 162.

I currently ride a 159 with a 26.0 waist. I'm 6'4, 200lbs and wear size 11 boots. The 26.0 waist is great - no hint of heel or toe drag - but it makes me think shaving .3 off the sides would be fine. On the flip side, adding .8 to the sides (Heritage X 163) seems like it would be overly wide.
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote