2009/10 Neversummer SL-R - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Post 2009/10 Neversummer SL-R

Hey guys,

After a bit of board advice. Sorry for the long back story.

Last season I got a 09/10 NS Titan. The board is unreal. Like magic it seems to get more stable the faster I go. On a steep double black chute it is amazing. I can carve like crazy on it! I give the board a very hard time and despite all the hard stuff I put it through it still looks great! NS are tough ass boards! As you can see I am in love with this board.

On the downside when I want to mess around, I have a lot of trouble with it. I find its a lot harder to 180/360 with it than my rock board (a broken down ride timeless.)If I go into the park with it on the smaller kickers I find it a little scary as the landings are a little sketchy.(I think part techinque part board, correct me if I'm wrong?)

I started looking at getting another board. As I got a new one last season I didnít think the minister for finance would go for it but surprisingly she has! I am considering last years NS SL-R. Would this be a good choice for some park action? I also want something that could handle a little bit of all mountain stuff as well. It would primarily be for park stuff.

I have found one on line for $499 which doesnít seem like that good of a price considering its last years board. (or is it?) Also what size should I be looking at? My Titan is a 160. I am about 180cm (6 ft) and 75 kg (165lbs). I was thinking 155 as I would like it to be noticeably small. Could I go smaller again?

Is there any other board from last season that I should consider?

Sorry for the long ass post.

Cheers.
roremc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It would definitely be a great choice for you. Still stable enough to ride everywhere, but will be very playful unlike your Titan. I think a 156 or 158 would be the perfect size for your size and application. $499, if that's USD, is basically retail so that's not a great deal for last year's board. At the same time NS sold before the season ended, so brand new ones are almost impossible to come by. Have you considered buying lightly used?
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you're willing to pay $499 for last year's model, you might also want to look at the '10-'11 model too. They currently retail for $509. From what I've heard, the new model has a snappier feel.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks for your input guys!

Lemonhead when you say snappier feel what do you mean?

Triple 8 I would be a bit sketcy about buying a second hand one.

Can anyone recommend something else if the NS doesnt happen?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

I haven't gotten the chance to ride the board, but based on reviews, the new SL seems to have a livelier feel and more pop. It has a softer flex, but still retains the stability and dampness that NS boards are known for. Another option is the Evo. If budget is a concern, then I suggest the Omatic Celebrity. BA seems to be really stoked on this board. It looks like a park slayer that can handle the whole mountain. For what you're looking to do, a 155 is probably the ideal size for any of these boards.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Some alternatives...
Ride Machete or DH2. Both supposed to be able to handle the mountain while being more freestyle oriented.
k2's Darkstar from last year is supposed to be fairly decent all over the mountain while being a park board, but it's camber, so you might not be pumped about that (note: this year's version has flat line. supposed to be pretty decent from what I've heard).

If you don't mind me asking, where you at? Just kind of interesting to see where people are from and what's available there.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

I have the NS 9/10 sl and in my opinion its not a great board for park etc. I use it for gunning and and carving, my softer reverse camber boards are 100 times better for playing around when compared to the sl. Also compared to a full reverse camber board the sl feels very edgy like a normal camber board.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Honestly if you want a playful park board I would go with the Evo over the SL. I just picked one up and got to ride it for 2 days and it's a freakin blast. Super forgiving, doesn't catch edges, extremely fast edge to edge, eats up powder, slush, groomed, has tons of pop and is easy to press and butter. Only thing it doesn't do well is take the shit, so if you want to hall ass through chopped up snow this isn't the thing to do with it. It handles all mountain really well for a park board, so if you already have a freeride board I would go more park.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Honestly if you want a playful park board I would go with the Evo over the SL. I just picked one up and got to ride it for 2 days and it's a freakin blast. Super forgiving, doesn't catch edges, extremely fast edge to edge, eats up powder, slush, groomed, has tons of pop and is easy to press and butter. Only thing it doesn't do well is take the shit, so if you want to hall ass through chopped up snow this isn't the thing to do with it. It handles all mountain really well for a park board, so if you already have a freeride board I would go more park.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Hobo I think you hit the nail on the head. I have the awesome freeride board so I think the EVO sounds like a better choice than the SL.

And just to confirm everyone thinks 155 is the best length?

Thanks!

Last edited by roremc; 07-22-2010 at 06:03 PM.