need new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
zero0

Default need new board

(sorry you guys have prorbrably heard this 200 times but this seems like a good place for advice and the other threads ive been looking at havent really been helpful)

I stopped snowboarding for 2 years, but I am going to start again. I outgrew my forum youngblood 147, becuase i grew alot in the past two years. Im 6'0 145 lbs, and I am just looking for some suggestions on some legit boards. Im pretty good, i spend most of the day in the park, and im looking for a nice legit board that will have no problem in the park or just on the mountain.

If anybody could just give me a few models of a board they like, or use, that would be helpful.

I recently went and had to rent, they rented me a 161 so thats about my size.

ANy help at all is appreciated, just tell me wut you ride or wut you think i shold ride whatveer thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure others will chime in, but 161 is def too long for you, especially for park use.

Don't let what they rent you be an indication. I'm 180ish, 5'10-5'11 and ride a 159. My friends thats heavier than me was rented a 155 which was WAY too small and noodly for him.

You can probably get by fine with around a 155ish for park use.
Just my 2 cents based on what I've read here.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
zero0

alrite illl keep that in mind, thanks, any recomendations on brand/model? Im looking for something relatively flexible
Old 01-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
mike1two

I agree with romesaz. A 161 is too big. whats your boot size? are you over a size 11?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
zero0

yeah im over 11, i wore a 12 last time i went.

The ride DH looks real nice! Wut do u guys think ?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm no expert, but I'm looking for board right now as well, so I can give my 2 cents.

I agree, 161 seems too big for you, esp. for the park. I'm 6'4'' 200 and I'm looking at the 162-167 range. If you are still growing, you could go a little bigger and grow into it, but at 145lbs a 161 would be pretty big.

As for the brand and model, that is all about price, preference and style. However, if you are looking for something flexible, you should look at the freestyle and park boards listed on each company's site. I really like GNU and Lib Tech, but that is just me. Plus they have magnatraction which is a pretty cool technology. The other top brands seem to be Burton, Ride, Rome, Never Summer, K2, Arbor, Nitro, and others.

Ohh...just saw you wear size 12 boots which means you most likely need a wide board. That limits your options, but there are still alot of wide boards out there. I really like the GNU 11up and Lib Tech Skunk Ape (both are wide freestyle boards) but they aren't super flexible....a little more all-round than pure park boards.

Good luck.

Last edited by schmitty34; 01-08-2008 at 07:09 PM.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0 View Post
yeah im over 11, i wore a 12 last time i went.

The ride DH looks real nice! Wut do u guys think ?
with size 12 boots you might be better off with the Ride Dose since it is a wide board. Probably very similar to the DH just wider.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

chech the Rome Slash, which is all mountain heavily park influenced, or the Rome Machine, all park. Also the Ride Dose is nice. Another is the Lib-tech dark series wide (drop some major g's though.) K2's Illusion wide isn't too bad either (But I think its more all mountain then park). And Check out some Never Summers like the Revolver or Legacy.
so...
- Rome Slash
- Rome Machine
- Ride Dose
- Lib Tech Dark Series Wide
- K2 Illusion Wide
- NS Revolver
- NS Legacy

ALL of these are wide and are mostly park influenced.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
zero0

do you guys think i really need a wide baord ?

I mean my feet are about an 11.5, so i did have to wear a 12 last time i went cuase they didn thave half sives but i only weigh 145 pounds, im pretty much a tall skinny kid, so i dont know if ill be able to handle a wide board. Wuts are the conqequences if i go with just a board of standard width ?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

trust me im even worse, I'm 6' 135 with 11 feet but since Im gonna grown I need it wide, I havent used one yet but people seem to think they're fine.