comparing never summer & capita boards?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default comparing never summer & capita boards??

ive been a capita board guy this past year, and now thinkin of trying a NS SL-R and wondered if anyone has rode some capita and NS boards and knew about what capita board the SL-R would compare too???? i got a indoor FK for the park and jib and this year lookin for alittle longer board for the slopes and jumps but id like it to still be a reverse camber and alittle flexible...thanks
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
ive been a capita board guy this past year, and now thinkin of trying a NS SL-R and wondered if anyone has rode some capita and NS boards and knew about what capita board the SL-R would compare too???? i got a indoor FK for the park and jib and this year lookin for alittle longer board for the slopes and jumps but id like it to still be a reverse camber and alittle flexible...thanks
I think it's hard to compare Capita to NS model by model, in my opinion:
Evo-R would be closer to the Indoor FK.
Circuit-R would be closer to the Horrorscope FK.
And the SL-R would probably be somewhere between an Indoor and BSOD (if it had reverse camber) in terms of purpose.

I have both Capita and NS decks with FK and RC respectively. I think a longer Evo-R would still be stiffer than your Indoor while still being flexible. The SL-R would be a further step to being more all-mtn without being too stiff. Maybe it all depends on how you have your fun on the mountain away from the park.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimster716 View Post
I think it's hard to compare Capita to NS model by model, in my opinion:
Evo-R would be closer to the Indoor FK.
Circuit-R would be closer to the Horrorscope FK.
And the SL-R would probably be somewhere between an Indoor and BSOD (if it had reverse camber) in terms of purpose.

I have both Capita and NS decks with FK and RC respectively. I think a longer Evo-R would still be stiffer than your Indoor while still being flexible. The SL-R would be a further step to being more all-mtn without being too stiff. Maybe it all depends on how you have your fun on the mountain away from the park.
thanks man, that helps me out some...so u think the SL-R would be more towards a mtn/jumps board? when im not in the park i just like makin some fun runs down the mtn. some high speeds, hitting side jumps off the trails, doin a few 360s now and then.... ive always told myself this whole past year one day ill buy a SL-R! haha cause everyone seems to love them anywhere they ride..
Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

and also, if i was gna get another capita for that some have told me the new black death FK or the green machine FK would be a good choice, i just dont think the black death comes in my right size...my indoor FK i ride is a 152. im 5'11" 155lbs, i was gna try for a 155-156.. that sound about right for a board like im wanting?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Agree with Jimster.

To the OP: Just want to add that they do ride differently. NS RC tech is rockered in the middle with camber near the binding area and the NS has a Vario Sidecut which has very good grip but can at times be hooky-ish at the tip and tail. Capita's Flatkick (3 stage rocker with elevated nose and tail) and radial sidecut (if not mistaken)means that the tip and tail are very catch free but may not grip as well. The SL-R rides very much like a cambered board, but with additional playfulness, and the tip and tail are very stiff. When you press the board, the board bends more in the centre than the tip and tail. This is quite different from many of the Capita models which tend to bend more at the tip & tail owing to the Flatkicks but less in the middle of the board (kinda like "hinge-points" on a deck, every deck has some area it flexes more at).

If ur looking for slopes/jumps and "a little flexible", the SL-R seems ideal - its really a middle of the road 5/10 flex and still more flexy than say a Bataleon Riot which is a popular jump board which u can charge with, but is no where as stiff as a freeride board. Hope this helps.

Thad
Thad Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There's absolutely no comparison in price and, likewise, build quality and durability.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Osprey View Post
Agree with Jimster.

To the OP: Just want to add that they do ride differently. NS RC tech is rockered in the middle with camber near the binding area and the NS has a Vario Sidecut which has very good grip but can at times be hooky-ish at the tip and tail. Capita's Flatkick (3 stage rocker with elevated nose and tail) and radial sidecut (if not mistaken)means that the tip and tail are very catch free but may not grip as well. The SL-R rides very much like a cambered board, but with additional playfulness, and the tip and tail are very stiff. When you press the board, the board bends more in the centre than the tip and tail. This is quite different from many of the Capita models which tend to bend more at the tip & tail owing to the Flatkicks but less in the middle of the board (kinda like "hinge-points" on a deck, every deck has some area it flexes more at).

If ur looking for slopes/jumps and "a little flexible", the SL-R seems ideal - its really a middle of the road 5/10 flex and still more flexy than say a Bataleon Riot which is a popular jump board which u can charge with, but is no where as stiff as a freeride board. Hope this helps.

Thad
thanks man, im taking all this info in! trying to help me decide to stay capita for this next board or try the NS SL-R
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
thanks man, im taking all this info in! trying to help me decide to stay capita for this next board or try the NS SL-R
Try the NS...I went from Capita to NS. I really like surfier feel of the FK tech for dicking around but at the bigger resorts, I really prefer the micro-camber edgehold of my NS. And as Triple8Sol alluded to, the build quality of the NS decks are second to none.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimster716 View Post
Try the NS...I went from Capita to NS. I really like surfier feel of the FK tech for dicking around but at the bigger resorts, I really prefer the micro-camber edgehold of my NS. And as Triple8Sol alluded to, the build quality of the NS decks are second to none.
yeah what im afraid of is where im use to the surfier feel of the capita and use to it, that i might not like the feel of the NS....i know when i went from burton to capita, it was night and day, i put my burton for sale the next day! haha