159cm too big for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arctica121

Default 159cm too big for me?

Im about 5"8 and weigh 168lbs

I am trying to save for a Flow WX board but the only size left is 159cm, the WW of 261 would be fine considering I wear size 12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's a bit long for you unless you usually get some deep snow, imo.... But not by much... You could probably get by

What's making you want to get a Flow board though? They aren't exactly good sticks
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Like Milo said, 159 for you is basically a pure freeride or pow stick.

Also, like he said, why Flow? I mean, I understand if you found one for just an amazing deal, but seeking one out?
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just a question, have you guys ridden or handled Flow's boards? I ask because I felt the same way until I got a sick deal on an Infinia for my girl. The board is built better than my Rome hands down and has the super slick structurn base so it slides better over the generally wet man-made shit we have here on the east coast. They may not have the reputation on this forum as some of the other brands but I would defintely not shy away from one if I got a good deal. They feel very similar in build quality to the Atomic line of boards and I believe they're built in the same factory in Austria.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Flow makes good quality boards. I demoed their 2011 line. Very good quality boards actually. My only gripe with Flow boards is that they aren't anything special. They don't stand out. Their boards get lost in all the new tech coming out. I guess to some people this would be a major advantage. Flow doesn't have any gimmicks in their boards. The 2011 graphics are also sick as hell.

As for female boards, I've never heard a female complain about their boards. I'd definitely take a Flow board over a lot of Rossis or Salomons.

BTW... 159 is a bit long for you, but you can get away with it. You're more a 154-157. Size 12 boots... I'd place you on a 155/56 wide. It also depends on your style. For park, 159 is definitely too long for you.

Last edited by Leo; 07-26-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Leo I agree with you about the tech... nothing super flashy from them. Like I said they remind me a lot of the Atomic line which is another solid brand that doesn't have any super fancy tech in their line-up. They just seem to be one of those brands that people only equate to bindings and in reality their boards are solid and the graphics are tight.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote