Click for AWESOMENESS - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Click for AWESOMENESS

Actually there is no awesomeness. Just another dude asking about what board to get. Yeah I did trick you, but with most the traffic in this section of the forum being about people asking for board buying tips I thought it would be best for me to shake it up and get a solid answer.

Anyway I'm 5'11'' (and 3/4 just call me 6 feet for practical reasons) and weigh ~150 pounds. I have used google to my advantage, but still I am unsure on my sizing so if the mighty internet that is this forum would please let me know what my sizing is that would be fantastic. I plan on doing all mountain with more of a bent towards park then powder, but still it would be ideal if my board could still ride powder with relative ease. As of now I have a 150somthin' Nidecker (not sure which make exactly) from what seems to be 1850. The board is so stiff and heavy that you would swear it was made of sheet metal, yet it is surprisingly delicate for a board seemingly made of sheet metal. I have a feeling that any board on the market would do me good. I've looked around a bit (quite aimlessly really) and found the Ride Machete, but only because it was rated the number one board for 2010 by snowboarder magazine. I like what I see in the board though. My price limit is $400.

Any pointers on which board I should ride? (please don't just give me company names I know most of them I just have no idea which models are the best)

BTW I have no idea how to rate my skill level. I go to Baker most of the time so tinsy little jumps and whatever is available on the rest of the mountain is the best I get as far as park (rails as well). But despite my starving of park riding I love it. I can pull 360s on most jumps on a good day, and maybe no 360s on a bad day. I can do 180s with grabs, and I land plain old 180s almost every single time. And I can ride boxes but only straight down, boardslides always leave me on my ass (not for long though). I can pull off almost any grab, but the seriously old skool kinked grabs I haven't tried yet. I want to try back and front flips this coming winter. Also I like to think my grabs and spins have steez. I've asked my friends and they have given good feedback. I can ride double blacks (I mean RIDE not slide), but I in no way make those runs my female dog. Also I have noticed from going to other mountains that Bakers double blacks fit more in the upper end of single blacks on say a mountain like Whistler. So downgrade my skills a tad. If I had to judge myself I would say I was an intermediate rider.
THORgodOFthundr is offline   Reply With Quote