board options... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
meganator

Default board options...

I am a 23yr old woman and have been snowboarding since 5th grade, I have not snowboarded for the last 2 years and want to get back into it. I am looking for a good, but not too expensive snowboard. I have been searching online for a few weeks now, I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what you know about Rossignol or 5150 snowboards? or any other suggestions? I used to have a burton. thanks so much

Last edited by meganator; 07-27-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: forgot to mention I am a woman :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum! Check out Arbor, Neversummer, Capita and Gnu. They all make great boards and if you aren't too picky can still prob pick up a '10 for cheap! It will be easier to give advice on specific models if you provide info on your preferred ride style. I don't have any personal experience with either of the brands you asked about but one of my buds has a Rossignol that he likes (although I have heard on here that they don't make the best quality boards but take that for what it is--hearsay). Good luck in your search.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
meganator

thanks so much! I appreciate it. Even though I've been riding for a long time I am not that good, I just go because I enjoy it, I don't like to race, jump, do tricks, but just ride down the hill. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ah yea, sounds like me. Haha. Well, I bought my girlfriend an Arbor Push a few seasons ago http://www.rei.com/product/790311 (I swear they should start paying me, this is the third time I suggested it). It is good carving trail board and she loves it. As far as the other companies, I am not too sure about them but I bet that if you get a decently stiff board from any of them, you will like it. Check the board faq sticky for info on sizing based on weight. Should help you narrow it down based on what is available in the '10.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Skip the 5150, Rossi is ok. If you give us some specifics such as weight and price range you can definitely get some very good recomendations as to specific boards for you and where to get them for good prices.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
meganator

Thanks! I am going to check that board out. There's so many decisions, and not a lot of reviews I can find, so I appreciate that a lot. As far as how my measurements I am 5'4 and like 120 lbs. sometimes 125. ha.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
meganator

oh and I am not looking to pay more than 350 for a board.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yea, so the 148 should be a good length for that. That is what my GF got and she GREATLY improved on it (able to keep up with everyone and has fewer wipeouts ).
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Capita sells some quality boards for decent prices. Take a look at the Capita Space Metal Fantasy and Capita Saturnia.

If you are looking for reviews, check out shayboarder.com. It's written by a woman named Shay and her reviews of women's boards are by far the best I've found.

I would stay away from 5150. I never hear much about Rossignol boards, although I'm not sure why. The Diva Mag, however, is a well-regarded board.

I love Gnu and Never Summer, although their boards are pretty pricey.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
meganator

thanks so much Do you know any good websites I can find a board? I am really considering that Arbor Push, "mirage" suggested. Thanks again!!!!!