2011 jib board. wut to get? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 jib board. wut to get?

ok so im looking for something to just have fun with on rails and boxes. jumps arent gonna be the focus for this board and any board can handle anything my local mountain has to offer (mountain creek in jersey). i have other boards that i can use when i need something more so im not looking for this board to do anything mroe than jibbing.

im 5'9 about 175ish give or take. and want something short even though you guys will prob say theyll be too small. i rode my friends 142 rome artifact last year and it was the most fun ive ever had on a board. ridiculously small for my weight obv but for a screw around board that is gonna be used for just that i enjoyed it. looking for something a bit bigger though. 145-148

stepchild jibstick - 148
k2 www - 145 or 148
signal park - 146
salomon salmomander - 148
Fash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

This is a little bigger than what you have listed but just in case, you can get a stepchild jib stick 153cm right now for $209.99!

Deal of the Day Tracker | Hourly and Daily Deals ODAT | Clean Snipe - Sites like Woot

Last edited by Scott2288; 07-27-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Scott2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

148 is pretty small for 175 lbs, even for a jib board. go with 151 at the smallest in my opinion 153 would be good for a bit more jumps
next years rome atrifact in 153 or 150 or capita indoor survival in a 152/horrorscope 151
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

yea i agree with you and know theyre stupid small for my weight lol i already have a 152 fix, 153 dh2, 154 lib trs, and 153 crush (which i hate) so i want something small and soft just to dick around on. im considering the jibstick since its a bit stiffer than the others i listed, and since im sizing down big time itll be just noodly. im sure the others wouldnt be able to handle my weight after a little while.

ive never rode any of the capital stuff but have heard great things. i love the zero camber of the fix so would like to try the salomon salomander. the crush i hate so im hesitant on going with rocker

Last edited by Fash27; 07-27-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

im from jersey to but Mt creek is too far for me...Poconos is where its at! lol
Adrii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

ahh cmon mann creek is the spot! lol poconos are a great time though, my friend has timeshares out there so we do a week or two out there every year. wuts ur mountain?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

lol i get yah,
well next years rome artifact looks pretty promising and i think it comes in 148/147 so thats one option

capitas are kinda trash boards, they are cheaper than other brands and get beat up real easy but are great to ride. since your using it as a fun jib board id definitely give the horrorscope 148 a glance. i have the 151 and the topsheet gets chipped easy but nothing that would effect the performance.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I might add the '10 Kink. I love my '08 and with prorize added for this year it would be my new board, if I needed another park/jib board. But I don't, I have 2.

The Jibstick is actually more of an all park flex if I remember right. Someone here has one though so they'll probably correct me if I'm wrong.

The WWW was once one of the best jib boards ever, it is now pretty much mediocre compared to what others have to offer.

Next years Artifact'85 is also a reeeeally good board. If I needed another rocker killer, I'd be seriously considering it. Rome was one of the few companies that immediately added a pop device to their rockered jib specific board. So they have had the most time to dial it in.

I haven't heard anything much about the Solomander nor do I know anyone that has ridden it. I'd bet its an S.Sanchez with some pop device added to it. Pure speculation but that seems to be the pattern with rockered jib boards at the moment. Take your softest rocker, add some pop in the tips, call it a new board.

I have a Sub-Pop (now the Sub-Zero), but as just a jib board that you are going to destroy in one season this one is a little pricey. But if you can find one of last years or an actual Sub-Pop, then it is one of the funnest jib boards I've ridden. Its my go to spring season board.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fash27 View Post
ahh cmon mann creek is the spot! lol poconos are a great time though, my friend has timeshares out there so we do a week or two out there every year. wuts ur mountain?
I GO TO ALOT OF THEM...DURING THE WEEK ILL GO LIKE 3 TO 4 TIMES SOO ILL GO SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT EVERYDAY...THE MAIN ONES ARE BEAR CREEK...BLUE MOUNTAIN... JACKFROST IN THE MORNING THEN BOULDER AT NIGHT...HAVENT BEEN TO CAMEL BACK YET BUT I REALLY DONT PLAN ON IT EITHER
Adrii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

caps doesn't make you cool on the interwebz.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote