Return NS Evo for New NS Heritage? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Return NS Evo for New NS Heritage?

I am feelin the new Heritage and would love to shred the mountain up with this board. Dogfunk.com will take my 09 EVO 155 back no questions asked. Should I put that money towards the new Heritage. I gained some weight now and am around 192 and would like a 162 heritage...Good idea or bad idea to return the EVO?
pmoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's up to you buddy..... I know I'm riding the Heritage next season but I'm more into the whole mountain and a tiny bit park
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default sorry to hijack..sort of

EVO to Heritage? I think there are going to be some disappointed Heritage riders this season. WHY? Well the Heritage is no jib stick, its not even a freestyle board. There seem to be a ton of people on here that are slurping on this board this year and recommending it to almost every "what board should I get" thread. Hey, I'm a NS fanboy and have been for a long time but NS should be sponsoring this forum with as much exposure they get here.

Though is shows on NS site that its about a 5.5 out of 10 on stiffness you need to remember this is on NS stiffness scale. I would wager that the Heritage is still stiffer than 80% of all other boards on the market. (wild guess pulled out of my ass, flame away).

I have been riding a Heritage for almost 5 years and it is an all mountain slayer, but I wouldn't really think of going anywhere near a park with it. I just got my new Heritage yesterday and had time to compare it against my old one. The shape of the board is pretty much identical to the old one, the only differences being it lost a little bit of weight and has the R/C tech. Thats all, it still has the aggressive sidecut that so many people use to bitch about in reviews and to be honest it is only just a smidge softer from what I can tell pressing it on floor (which isn't a good indicator)than the old one, definitely not softer enough to start classifying this as a board an inexperienced rider could pick up an be comfortable on. My old Heritage would ride you if you were sloppy and this one looks as though its going to do the same.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great board, but if your looking for a softer and forgiving all mountain stick this is not going to be it IMO. I can't imagine riders who spend any real time in the park wanting anything to do with this board.

Who knows, I could be completely off base here as I have not ridden the new Heritage with R/c tech but after riding the cambered version for half a decade and having the two boards in hand to compare side by side I just don't think this is a board for every rider out there as it seems to be recommended on here, especially those who like to ride park.
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you are comparing next years Heritage to previous years, don't bother. It has the same name that that is about it. I am 6'2 and btw. 175-185 lbs, I have ridden the following NS boards: '09 Evo 158, '10 SL-R 164, '10 Premier 163, '11 SL-R 158, '11 Heritage 158. The closest board to the heritage is the SL-R. Riding them back to back, to me the Heritage is a slightly beefed up version of the SL-R but is also lighter and more nimble. It is definitely not a jib board and probably not the best park board, but then again it geared more towards all mountain freestyle. You can take this thing anywhere, hit big jumps with confidence, ride in pow, and so on. I do agree that NS boards are, for the most part, beefier and more stiff than other manufacturers. That is why you get such a good warranty.

As for the OP, you really are talking about two very different boards. I will say this though. If you are 192 and on a 155 Evo, that is a pure park board. Coming close to that weight on my 158 EVO I definitely have a little trouble in chopped out snow and I have to work hard. I would trade in for that reason alone. Just realize the Heritage is not really going to do it for you as a pure park stick.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So you want to abuse the Dogfunk return policy to hop on the apparent Heritage bandwagon? This thread makes me sad.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am having a hard time going all mountain on such a small board. I thought I was going to like the park more, but I want something more for big mountain riding and cutting through heavy chop. So my current board takes some effort riding it all over the mountain. Dogfunk is awesome and they have already said no problem for the return as I felt a little guilt...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoa View Post
I am feelin the new Heritage and would love to shred the mountain up with this board. Dogfunk.com said they will take it in the ass from me with there returns policy, no questions asked, no lube required. Should I put that money towards the new Heritage. I gained some weight now and am around 192 and would like a 162 heritage...Good idea or bad idea to return the EVO?
Fixed.

To answer your question: Bad idea. You should sell your Evo, buy a Heritage if thats what you want, and not take advantage of companies return policies due to your lack of fore thought.

I bet you didn't even offer them a reach around.

Last edited by fattrav; 08-04-2010 at 11:41 PM.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
So you want to abuse the Dogfunk return policy to hop on the apparent Heritage bandwagon? This thread makes me sad.
truth

This is why Dogfunk is gonna eventually discontinue their return policy
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

How is this abuse? I chose dogfunk.com due to their return policy which states:

Not stoked on your gear? Looking to return it or make an exchange? No problem, we have an Unlimited Return Policy: we guarantee complete satisfaction and an unlimited lifetime warranty. If at any time -- now, next month, in 30 years -- you're not 100% satisfied, send your gear back for a full refund. No questions asked.

I buy all my gear from them and I return ONE FREAKIN item and its called abuse. Ridiculous...And all of you guys are all f*ckin saints
Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, sounds like you bought the wrong board from the get go. Better suggestion... keep your Evo and buy a 2011 Heritage and have a great park board and a great everthing else board!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote