What to upgrade... what to upgrade... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to upgrade... what to upgrade...

I might get a new piece of hardware this winter, maybe next, but I'm not sure what I should switch up. I'm happy with my helmet and goggles, good with my gloves (accidental alliteration ftw ), and I'm definitely getting a new jacket and pants this year. So... board, bindings, or boots. I don't really have any complaints with my boots, but my feet do get kinda sore... I have foot problems though, so I wouldn't attribute the soreness to the boots really. My bindings... as far as I know, they're fine, but a little annoying to crank... don't care much about that though. My board seems pretty nice for being a beginner, it works well with where I'm at. I don't really have any previous equipment to compare to, though. Should I try one of my friends' set ups and compare theirs to mine?

My boots- Ride Orion 2010's
Save on Ride Orion Snowboard Boots White - Mens Snowboards Boot Snowboarding Gear Equipment

My bindings- Burton Freestyle
Best Prices on Burton Freestyle Snowboard Bindings White/Brown - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment

My board- Santa Cruz Fusion TT
Save on Ride Orion Snowboard Boots White - Mens Snowboards Boot Snowboarding Gear Equipment

also, can someone recommend a good pair of butt pads?

thanks guys

Just because I'm loosin
Doesn't mean I'm lost,
Doesn't mean stop,
Doesn't mean I will cross.
LoganCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There's several options for butt pads, basically whatever fits you best.

Your boots - If they're comfortable, keep them. If they're hurting you then you might check into Nike, Vans, Celsius or another pair of Rides even. Boots are the single most important piece of your arsenal. So try on as many boots as possible and don't let money guide you when it comes to boots. You may have to spend a lot on them, but you might find a cheap pair that works also.

The bindings could need some upgrading, my advice is to try and find 2009/2010 Union Force if possible. Could even find a used pair as these bindings are bulletproof. The bindings are your #2 after the boots.... If they're comfy, keep them, if they're giving you pressure points, replace them now.

The board is the least important piece, but looks to be your weak point, assuming everything else feels good.

I recommend looking into Never Summer for a snowboard.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

or you could get a pair of custom orthotics. they should considerably improve your comfort, balance and endurance when riding.
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

milo - thanks, i'll probably try to find some cheap Force's.

Traveler - I have some already, I just didn't think it would work well with snowboard boots... only went out 6 times last season, was gonna try them the 7th but I broke my arm on the 6th time so never got around to it :/

Just because I'm loosin
Doesn't mean I'm lost,
Doesn't mean stop,
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Butt pads - Skeletools. I've had Protecs, Demons, and now Skeletools. Skeletools is head and shoulders above the rest. The Protecs and Demons aren't bad, per se, the Skeletools are just much better. They're pretty bulky, but if you're like me, your pants are baggy enough no one will notice anyway.

They helped my riding tremendously. You're a lot ballsier when you know that if you go down the hit isn't going to hurt that bad especially on those icy days.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I definitely reccomend butt pads... I've been riding almost 15 years, rarely fall unless i'm trying something I probably shouldn't and I still wear them because it just made me more confident in my riding and definitely reduces the pain when I do fall. I have the Demons but agree the skeletools are much better, though definitely more expensive. If you can afford the extra $$$ go for the skeletools and a pair of some baggy pants
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

hey lin do you think these would be baggy enough so you don't see an outline of the pads?

Best Prices on Bonfire Radiant Snowboard Pants Black - Mens Snowboards Pants Clothes Snowboarding Apparel Clothing

Just because I'm loosin
Doesn't mean I'm lost,
Doesn't mean stop,