which snowboard to buy - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
mattj496

Default which snowboard to buy

I'm just deciding to buy a snowboard, I'm about 170cm and like all terrain but more freestyle e.g rock jumps and park.
I have been told to buy a Burton Custom or Burton Hero but would like to know what other options i have, no price range.
I am advanced at normal riding and intermediate at park
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Where are you from? You don't have to say, but it would help to know what you have available in your area (I'm guessing by the use of cm you're not from the States, which could possibly take a couple companies out of contention)

Also, we're going to need to know your weight and boot size. Weight is actually more important than height regarding the length of your snowboard.

Besides Burton, some brands to check out are Ride, k2, Nitro, Atomic, and Rome among others (top of my head list, don't shoot me ).

Ride has the Machete which might be up your alley. It's supposed to be a board you can take all around the mountain while still being nice in the park. Compared to this years DH2, however, it sounds like it might be the more parkesque option. The DH2 is more of a "the mountain is your park" board (from what I've heard...)

2011 Ride DH2 - Review - Ride Nation Review on the DH2 with some talk about the difference between the DH2 and the Machete.

Rome support responded with the Agent (or Agent Rocker) for a everywhere and the park board.

k2's Darkstar is supposed to be pretty good around the mountain for a park board. Not sure if that has changed since the old models were cambered and this year's has the flatline tech.

I think the Atomic has the Hatchet? If Snowolf sees this he can talk more about it (among others).

Nitro has the Swindle which Angry liked last year. The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Nitro Swindle with Raiden Pushers My Take

That should give you some other options to look at till some people pipe in.

Oh yeah, NeverSummer before anyone else mentions it.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
robbied

Sierra Stunt Snowboard Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

I got this one for all-mountain/park. For the price I think it's great.
It's basically a rebadged Burton Blunt. Really fun to ride, good pop, carves nice.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
crowney2006

this will only be my second season and i ride a burton bullet (good all mountain) but my friend rides a lib tech banana, he uses that all mountain and in the parks and loves it,
just another one to have look at
Old 08-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
mattj496

thanks guys great help. uhim from new zealand,
my weight is about 60kg and boot size is 10 us