Vocabulary lesson - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Vocabulary lesson

Alright guys, I've read alot about "camber" "flatline" "reverse camber" "rocker" "reverse rocker?" zero base

What do they mean? A search on the forum displayed 10 pages of results, and Google was no help, I'm hoping for some knowledgeable insight.
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ill tell you what i know and someby else can fill in the holes.

camber- this is what traditional boards use. this means the the board is curved so that only the tip and tail touce the ground when there is no weight on it.
flatline- the board is flat. when set on the ground all of it will toouch. capita uses a variation of this "flatkick" where the board curves up outside the bindings.
reverse camber & rocker- not sure the difference between these 2 but when set on the ground only a point inbetween the bindings will touch.
reverse rocker- again not sure
zero base- i assume its similiar to flatline

others you might want to know
R.C.- rocker camber neversummers take on reverse camber. touches the ground in the middle and tip and tail
c2btx- lib techs verion of neversummers r.c. technology
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories Explained

everything you need to know right there
Old 08-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyface View Post
ill tell you what i know and someby else can fill in the holes.

camber- this is what traditional boards use. this means the the board is curved so that only the tip and tail touce the ground when there is no weight on it.
flatline- the board is flat. when set on the ground all of it will toouch. capita uses a variation of this "flatkick" where the board curves up outside the bindings.
reverse camber & rocker- not sure the difference between these 2 but when set on the ground only a point inbetween the bindings will touch.
reverse rocker- again not sure
zero base- i assume its similiar to flatline

others you might want to know
R.C.- rocker camber neversummers take on reverse camber. touches the ground in the middle and tip and tail
c2btx- lib techs verion of neversummers r.c. technology
The main ones that stay pretty standard are camber and flatline. The above definitions will basically apply for all. If it just says rocker that usually means a straight rocker shape (like a banana for lack of a better analogy at the moment).

The problem begins when you talk about Rocker Camber boards. Everyone (it seems like) has their own definition nowadays. Basically, this is going to require detailed research on a specific brand. NeverSummer has their R.C. tech. Lib-Tech has their c2btx and the older banana tech (though that might not qualify). k2 Goes with a flat camber in the middle with rocker on the edges and I believe Ride does something similar. Unfortunately, being able to say you have a reverse camber board is a big marketing tool at the moment, so you'll also even have some companies say their reverse camber tech is a rocker. This can be confusing, so make sure you always clarify with a rep what part is camber, what part is rocker, and what part is zero camber.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote