Unsure of my new setup, what to do? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
neb

Default Unsure of my new setup, what to do?

My first board was a K2 Fuse.. which is a medium flex all mountain board which I progressed on quite a lot and rode for 3 years. I go on trips with a couple skiiers, so I wanted to get a faster more stable board that I could use to just bomb down runs and keep up with them. I bought a Rome Anthem which I have done about 5 days on now. It's definitely faster than my old board, but I'm not enjoying it as much. The Anthem is good on groomers, but it's not really fun to mess around.

I'm not sure if I should either.. get another all round do everything board, is there an all mountain board that is really good at everything? or is it going to be a compromise.. not bad in the park, not bad at fast runs?
Or is it a better idea to get a second board to play on and keep the anthem. A flexy park board and the stiff anthem I can switch between?

I like to ride the whole mountain, i like to go fast, i like to do jumps, i want to learn more spins and park tricks, I want to do everything really. Any suggestions?

Also I'm in Australia so our runs here are mostly man made snow, icey, crud, lol.. don't really get powder. I am 170cm (5'7) and 65kg (143lb) the Fuse was a 150cm, Anthem is a 153cm.

Last edited by neb; 08-01-2010 at 09:33 PM.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can totally understand where you're coming from as I ride here on the East Coast of the US which is also mostly man-made icy crud. I also ride the Rome Flag which is basically a wide Anthem and I definitely know what you mean about it not being much fun to play with. It's too stiff to really have fun in the park with but it's lightning fast on the grooms and when I've taken it to the steeps on the west coast its been super solid but I definitly know what you mean. You probably should have gone for the Agent from Romes line up rather than the Anthem. IDK exactly what boards you have available to you down there but the Ride Machete should be available for you and that one seems to be getting good reviews from the people who've ridden it. I'm looking at it also but will 99% end up with a Never Summer Legacy or Heritage
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

You might want to try out the new Agent Rockers. They are coming in a lot of new sizes this year instead of just 2. Going to be a totally fun board. A NeverSummer SL-R would work well for you, too.
AngryHugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
neb

Thanks for the suggestions, the never summer boards sound really good, I have read some great reviews on those boards. I'm still undecided if I should get a board to replace the Anthem.. so an all round board like an Agent, SL-R or Heritage. Or do I get a second board to compliment the Anthem.. which in that case I would go for more of a park board.. maybe an Artifact or EVO-R.

I'm going to New Zealand for a week next week, so I might have a better idea after that if I want to keep the Anthem..
neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

if u want to complement your other board the rome artifact rocker is really cool but I know some people no i say this a lot but the burton joystick with an est bind ull never need a new board
SHREDDER97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDDER97 View Post
if u want to complement your other board the rome artifact rocker is really cool but I know some people no i say this a lot but the burton joystick with an est bind ull never need a new board
You don't say it a lot you say it every time. It's almost as if you've never ridden anything else or you have such a hard on for your new board that you think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't add much here as I have no idea what is available in Australia, but I will say that the day that the Burton Joystick is the end all be all of snowboards, I'm just gonna say fuck it and start skiing.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

linville, you mean snowblading right?
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, that too. Hell, I might just go all the way and start using those stupid little bigfoot skis or whatever they are
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
doonparm

where are you hitting NZ?? highly recommend the Remarkables and Mt Hutt, if its open!