Views on Bataleon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Views on Bataleon

I was just looking for some views on the TBT boards to see how people like them
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They're the shit.

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Search Results
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

^^ I think your search results expired.

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Search Forums -- keyword "Bataleon"

I like the idea of TBT and I *know* it has saved me many, many times from edge catches. It is, however, an acquired taste. TBT can require a little more work though and makes for a more active ride IMO. You necessarily have to tilt a little further to engage the edges and even though we're only talking a few mm here, I find it requires more work on the bumpy stuff. It can almost suck you in to bumps and deviations in the snow. Fun ride though and the Riot is a solid board.

I don't buy that TBT helps in the deep stuff (but then the Riot isn't a pow board). I've seen TBT described as "like the hull of a boat". BS, it's a few mm and it does nothing to keep you afloat. Not that you'll sink on a Bataleon board, I'm just saying float should not be a selling point IMO.

Final point: all Bataleons are reg camber. TBT is serious tech and there's nothing wrong with camber, but there's also a lot of new tech out there, particularly the variations on rocker/camber. I think some of this tech has passed the point of novelty and is here to stay.

I've gone balls deep on a 2011 NS Heritage. I'll be a one board guy until I move closer to some mountains and I'm not sure which it will be, but I wanted to try something different in any event (previously the Riot was only ever up against a bunch of random hire boards).
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think Bataleon's are the best riding boards out there. Having said that you pay alot for what you get. The base materials are nothing special but they ride like a dream (at least IMO) TBT feels great and after a run or two you shouldn't even notice the differece but you will definately be riding better. If they made the bases faster/stronger I would have nothing negative to say about them. I ride a bataleon undisputed for pow/back country but I ride a NS revolver for park days and days that im screwing around. NS just seems like more bang for your buck though.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

i had like three boards from three different companies in mind but i had always kept battaleon in the back of my head because it seems cool if i had the money for more than one board i would probably get one but eh i think i might go regular based board
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote