any 2009 Ride DH owners here? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default any 2009 Ride DH owners here?

Yo I'm interested in the 2009 model of the Ride DH and was wondering on how it preforms. I lap parks, sometimes cruise the mountain. How's the flex? How's it on jumps, rails, jibs? And can I get like your setup to see what kinda bindings I should look into..
J. Hallowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im not sure if the 09's had the lowrize rocker, but the DH's on the whole are stiffer than the crush and kink. im rocking a 2010 dh2 with rocker and that makes it easier to press a bit.

if your looking for rails and want to stick with ride, get a kink or crush. also for bindings, anything softer, rome 390's, ride deltas, the salomon arcades linked in your other thread.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
im not sure if the 09's had the lowrize rocker, but the DH's on the whole are stiffer than the crush and kink. im rocking a 2010 dh2 with rocker and that makes it easier to press a bit.

if your looking for rails and want to stick with ride, get a kink or crush. also for bindings, anything softer, rome 390's, ride deltas, the salomon arcades linked in your other thread.
thanks.So the dh is stiff meaning I can't press as well...Do you have any boards that I can take on the jumps and freestyle but then also take it out and jib?
J. Hallowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Hallowell View Post
thanks.So the dh is stiff meaning I can't press as well...Do you have any boards that I can take on the jumps and freestyle but then also take it out and jib?
Youl be able to press, but it's just not super soft, more of an all around deck. Rome artifact, k2 www , capita horrorscope are examples of jib specific boards.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have an 08-09 DH and I can press, and butter fine. It is more of an all mountain freestyle stick. Perfect for what I need, stiff enough for control, but also playful for dickin' around. I love it.
Zapatista is offline   Reply With Quote