NS R.C vs Libtech C2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS R.C vs Libtech C2

well which do you guys like better not just the camber style but the whole boards like the vario grip and the magnetraction just give me your two cents
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're asking a message board full of NS marks this?...Should be about as fair and balanced as Fox News.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Completely fair and balanced. Lib Tech sucks.

To be honest, I haven't had the opportunity to try the C2 from Lib. The thing is NS has already tech in production for two years. They are the ones who basically came up with it, and ran with it. Suddenly, Lib and others are following. You can say sort of the same thing about Lib and Magne and Neversummer's Vario Grip.

If you go with Lib and Magne, I'd get the less aggressive version of it, if they haven't already dropped that. It's just a little bit hooky.

Vario grip isn't quite the same feel as Magne, but holds just fine on it's own. Feels more natural to me.

The biggest thing is quality of the product. In that department, NS boards are far superior hands down. They'll take a beating.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I as well haven't got down on a Lib Tech C2 board but I did own a Banana last year... to put it simple I hated it and the word hooky best defines Libs Magne Traction. It felt a little to surfy for me but The banana just wasn't a stable board at high speeds its a Park cruiser only. I have 2 NS boards on order this year... the Heritage and the EVO. I know I'll love the Heritage that boards going to be for riding specific days but I chose the EVO as my park deck because of all the review on here it got. I saw a video on youtube where some guys demo'd 10/11 park decks and the said NS's EVO was the best out of 14 boards. So the boards are definitely getting good reviews from real riders.. None of the shit you read about Good Wood in transworld.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love Lib/Gnu boards. Don't own any at the moment, but I've had maybe a dozen over the years, including the earliest MTX and BTX boards. Mervin was def a huge innovator when they brought in and popularized new edge tech and reverse camber. Magnetraction is awesome, and is far superior to Vario Grip in ice. There's just no argument to be had, other than people saying it grips/turns too much. I never had that issue, it's just a matter of edge control. I haven't tried the mellower MTX on boards like the Phoenix series (Lynn/Lando) and Smokin boards, but I'd imagine it's even better. and would shut up those complaints. Unfortunately I have yet to ride a Mervin board w/C2 though, but I have owned 3 NS boards with RC, which I absolutely love.

Once again, the Lib/Gnu boards hold up just fine. All of mine, and friends have been fine. The only real "issue" (which doesn't even really matter to me) is that the edges of the topsheet gets nicked up easily, but it's mainly cosmetic, and if it looks bad just a little epoxy will ease any worries.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want a Lib Tech, buy a Smokin'. Pretty much the same tech, just built way better. I'm a NS guy myself, but if I was to buy a non-NS board right now it'd be the Smokin' Mike Basich Pro Model.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well, I'm getting the Dark Series this winter and if I can Demo a NS in a 161 I will report back.

Is it December yet? Just booked a trip to Tahoe today.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

so the vario dosent get as much hold as the magnetraction but still more than a regular board would right? and the magnetraction is catchy even with the rocker well i dont like the sound of that. is the heritage the only NS board with that special top sheet?
Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

god no the magnatraction isnt catchy hahahaa
only time ive caught an edge is my first 5 minutes on it i did some stupid little butter and fell straight on my face cause i was being stupid hahaha
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't call it catchy. Hooky is the better description. You can feel it getting into a turn from a deep hard carve. To me, it made the board feel a bit longer than it actually was.

Vario is more akin to the less aggressive magne cuts. It has good positive hold just not with the hooky feeling I described above. Linville has a good point about Smokin'.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote