Never Summer Raptor vs Premier F1 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Never Summer Raptor vs Premier F1

I'm looking for a powder/freeride board for this season and was looking at the Raptor, but I was wondering how the Premier compares. Which one is better for powder, hard charging, steeps, trees, and hitting some kickers here and there?
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I demoed the Premier F1 and many other boards last year. The F1 was far and away the best board I have ever been on. However, the only thing that was it a little tricky riding switch. I've have a buddy who is races MTX and is an instructor at Park City and he picked up the Raptor. He said it is the bomb and can ride switch with easy on it. The other difference is the F1 has better shock absorbsion but the Raptor is lighter. I found the F1 was super quick edge to edge was stupid stable at eye watering speed. I don't think you could really screw up if you get one or the other. The only issue for me is I've never rode the Raptor and did have the best day of riding on the F1. So for me till I ride the Raptor or another I'm getting the F1 and not thinking twice. The other board is the new Heritage to check out. I planning on trying all three Never Summers and the Smokin kt-22 as well. Just need some snow. Let me know how it goes for you.

Ca-Pow
Ca-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ya I thought about the Heritage, but I already have an SL-R which i love. I think I'm leaning towards the f1 right now, and have heard nothing but good things about it. Yes snow is badly needed, i hate this whole summer thing. It was 100 degrees in Portland today!
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm a one board guy so I will give the Heritage a try. The F1 is definitely the leader right now! Hope we have another season like last year for the White Stuff!

Ca-Pow

Last edited by Ca-Pow; 08-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Do you think is it worth to change from Titan to Raptor. I mean is it so big difference in terms of holding an edge, initiating turns and so on? I am sure that raptor will float better in pow but is it giving sth more than this?
ukaszeklp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca-Pow View Post
I'm a one board guy so I will give the Heritage a try. The F1 is definitely the leader right now! Hope we have another season like last year for the White Stuff!

Ca-Pow
Yeah, if you're gonna go with one board, I'd be looking at the Heritage and SL.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaszeklp View Post
Do you think is it worth to change from Titan to Raptor. I mean is it so big difference in terms of holding an edge, initiating turns and so on? I am sure that raptor will float better in pow but is it giving sth more than this?
Seriously, I think you should for the RC tech on the Raptor. NS really is dialed in with this tech and the Titan is camber only....not a strike against a legend of a board but I think the Raptor opens up a lot of different riding scenarios that the Camber boards just don't do as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Raptor is the replacement for the Titan as the Titan is no longer going to be produced. It's a better pow board for sure. The Titan was notorious for being a nose diver. As far as for full on mach speeding it goes, the Raptor was great. You can bomb on that board. It is also a fairly light board so depending on how fast you go you might lose a little stability. I did take it down 45+ degree steeps, a few pillow lines, rock lines chutes and such. It was a champ for sure. If you like backcountry riding, or big mountain lines/cliffs/pillows in general, it's a good match for those pursuits. The Raptor is also supposed to be their step up from the F1 and from what I can tell it is.

As far as a direct comparison to the Titan, it's kind of hard to do. The Titan is cambered board while the Raptor uses the RC tech. As I said, it's a great powder board for sure and has the chops to ride the steeps. If anything it's much more nimble than the Titan, but maybe not quite as stable.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote