Help im a noob... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Snowsniper

Default Help im a noob...

Hi im new to snowboarding (and this forum)i need help on what equipment i should get this is what i want to get. And i dont want spend to much i wanted to spend between 250-400.

Board
boots
bindings
helmet
goggles
snow jacket

Last edited by Snowsniper; 01-11-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Augie09

so you need;
Board
boots
bindings
helmet
goggles
snow jacket

i am guessing you don't have board pants or gloves also?
and your budget is $450. Have your rented gear a lot in the past?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Snowsniper

Default well

ok well all i really need is boots, bindings, goggles, helmet, and board. because i found the cloths. But i really am actually trying to get into snowboarding, because my school next year that im going to go's alot so its better i think to not rent alottttt....
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
simplysnow

you should always rent first to see if you really like snowboarding. it's a really expensive sport to get into and i suggest renting a couple times to get used to it first before getting your own gear. oh, and when you do rent, make sure to get a board with strap-in bindings instead of step-ins. step-ins REALLY suck, and i can tell you this from first-hand experience. i had to endure them for my entire first season when i took lessons through my school last year.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
squall

Hi guys... I want to be a good snow boarder... Can anyone teach me?? Im still studying though

Last edited by squall; 01-18-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Snowsniper

Default well...

well the reason i know im going to like it is because. I love the snow ive been ski'ing, skateboarding, paintball, ant lots more. So i think i'll like it very much. My friend told me about step in bindings and strap in's. He said that step in'sd can get snow compacted in them and you cant get your foot in. But strap ins make it feel like your apart of the board...

Last edited by Snowsniper; 01-18-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Augie09

well, if u are set on buying gear & need it for school next year, why not wait a few more months until the big sales come

I would say rent this season trying different board sizes and keep track of what gear you've used, it will help when making the purchase.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie09 View Post
well, if u are set on buying gear & need it for school next year, why not wait a few more months until the big sales come

I would say rent this season trying different board sizes and keep track of what gear you've used, it will help when making the purchase.
I agree with this. with you budget as low as it is your not gunna get new gear. If you have the money now you can look and see if your local shops have any leftovers from last season. But if not wait till the end of the season and get this years stuff a little cheaper; plus if you have the money now you can save a little bit extra and get some nicer stuff when it comes time to buy your gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall
Hi guys... I want to be a good snow boarder... Can anyone teach me?? Im still studying though
As far as this goes, If you know the basics and can somewhat ride then the only way to really be good is just to practice and ride as much as you can.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsniper View Post
Hi im new to snowboarding (and this forum)i need help on what equipment i should get this is what i want to get. And i dont want spend to much i wanted to spend between 250-400.

Board
boots
bindings
helmet
goggles
snow jacket
well with all that stuff you def exceeded 400 dollars... that would MAYBE be just the board boots and bindings.

get a jeenyus board, ride rx bindings, 32 boa boots the boa is not easy to break and if it does they replace it for free no matter what, if not willing to pay tht much for boots then just the reg 32's like the $130's, theres ur board setup thatll come out to prolly around like 300 at zumiez i think, sale right now, uhm, depending on how tall you are id say a 154 for now if your over 140 lbs under go 152 or 148 if your shorter than 5'8 and 130 or less... 156 for 180 and over 6ft 1...
pants and jacket special blend or four square, goggles def dragon dx's and helmet? just a cheapy, gloves? dakines. the thick ones i have em theyre great or the burton ones that have the insulators....
Old 01-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Try every boot you can get your hands on.
I made the mistake of trying only 2 pairs, but was lucky that the store let me exchange them.
Try laced, pulls, boas, whatever fits snug and is comfortable. I've tried boots that cost 300(CND) and fit worse than boots for 150(CDN), so don't let price lead you.

Also, don't buy a 'cheapie' helmet. As with boots, make sure it fits well, has all safety ratings, etc. You don't want to trust your head to a 'cheapie'.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote