tailbone injuries? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowcraze

Default tailbone injuries?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had this before. The pain is excruciating. It started when i went snowboarding a week and a half ago and i had this bad fall on my butt and i swear the pain almost killed me. Then 3 days later, i went up again and fell on the same exact spot and i was in tears. And its a good thing the weathers kinda sucky lately (i'm in new england) so i'm gonna give it a rest.
Anyone knows how long it takes to heal? Also, do those snowboard pads actually help? I might just go get me one of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

haha...I did this multiple times till I went out and bought some ass pads! It actually will never heal properly and will always hurt so just go get some crash pants and save yourself some agony. I have the demon pants, but there are a bunch out there that are good. Worth every penny
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah, get some pads. They do help. I usually just wear my football girdle w/tailbone pad on a normal day of riding (it's not as bulky as full-on crash pads), but if I do hit the tailbone hard, out come the full-on pads.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
mike1two

This same scenario happened to me while skateboarding. Your tailbone is a magnet once you fall on it. If you hurt your tailbone you must however hard it may be take it easy until it gets better or else you will keep falling on it.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
headinahole

If you bruised it you'll be good to go in less than 2 weeks... if you broke/fractured it you'll be down for at least six.... if it was broke you would know also b/c every time you cough it would make you tear up...
Old 01-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Does it feel like you jammed half your vertebrae into your throat? Hurt to sit, hurt to turn, hurt to stand, hurt to walk? I've done it off a jump crooked as could be and landing my assbone directly on ice. It took me about 2 weeks or so to recover but the first week was god awful. It was a while ago but I'm pretty sure I took a day or two off work because of it. I couldn't finish riding that day either. Definitely give it a break or quit landing on it because if you keep smashing it without letting it heal you could cause some back problems.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
snowcraze

Thanks guys for the input. I think i'm def gonna get me some crash pads.
And yes it used to hurt so bad. But now its so much better. It still hurts when i sit, but i try to lean forward and not sit on soft surfaces. lol. Anyways the pain was not like a week ago, when i was still smarting from a bruised rib as well. Had so much trouble finding the right position to go to sleep.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

AzzPads! They saved my tailbone...well, to an extent. I rode the first day or two without it, and it hurt . (Keep in mind Im a beginner).
Once I got the pad, i've still taken a few really bad falls, and if I hadn't the impact gear, I think I would have been carried off the mountain cause the pain was so bad.
It's been a week since I last rode, and i'm still feeling it now.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nikolai

be careful with that bone...i wrecked my motorcycle last june and fucked up my tail bone and it still hurts to sit for long peroids of time...if its just bruized give it some time to rest...but if you break it you can have trouble walking for a long time
Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
ScotyRokt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
be careful with that bone...i wrecked my motorcycle last june and fucked up my tail bone and it still hurts to sit for long peroids of time...if its just bruized give it some time to rest...but if you break it you can have trouble walking for a long time
Hey Nikolai, I have a bike you can buy...

Anyone ever try the R.E.D. kindney belt? Looking for something that will cover the top corners of your hip. It looks like it might cover. I always land on the left corner when I catch an edge.