Board for my wife - NS Pandora or Lotus - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board for my wife - NS Pandora or Lotus

Hi All, I've been doing a bit of a search through the old threads about women's beginner boards. Have found heaps of useful information but have one last question before we put an order in for her board.

I've noticed the Never Summer Pandora comes up a bit as a recommendation, so was going to go with this. However the mrs is a little worried about it being more of a park orientated board, so was asking about the NS Lotus.
She is a beginner, only done one half day lesson, but would love to get into snowboarding. She's not interested in park at the moment, only groomers & freeriding. Maybe the odd powder run when she gets into it.
By her own admission she is a complete "Gumby"when it comes anything that involves balance & would like a board that is very easy to learn on. Her stats if needed are, 166cm tall, 53kg (116 pounds).

So I guess my question is, would the NS Lotus be too advanced for a beginner?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jason
jsn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

It will be a lot easier for her to learn on a softer board.

Unless she progresses very rapidly she will not out grow the Pandora quickly. Even as she progresses,
she will still be able to go down the mountain at reasonable speed. Its only really when she starts going quite fast down the mountain while in full control and potential short comings of the board might become apparant.

With the Lotus she will have to be a lot more precise as the board will be stiffer and less forgiving.
RaID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, that confirms what we were thinking.

We only get to the snow a week or two per season so the Pandora should last her for quite a while.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Jason
jsn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, the Lotus is a pretty serious, stiff board. And the Pandora is soft, but should still be able to handle the whole mountain with no problems, especially when it comes to a beginner. She's a lucky girl, though. Never Summers are excellent decks! Go with a board in the low to mid- 140's range.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote