Getting a Rome for sure this summer....which one? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Default Getting a Rome for sure this summer....which one?

Ok let's see Im 5'10", weigh anywhere between 170-180lbs depending on how much food I can afford and how much I ride, and I am a beginner/intermediate snowboarder. I can ride pretty damn well regular (fast, moguls, pow, choppy etc.) and switch is something I'm working on and I'd imagine I'll be able to pull a comfy run switch by the end of the season. I have 4 all mountain boards already, 2 for pow, 1 for fast mountain fun, and a small 153 for fun. The 153 is pretty damn flexy under me but really quite short for pow or choppy situations (It likes to cartwheel me over and over in pow lol). I have a 158 that is a really mean haul ass all mountain board but it just isn't as flexy as I'd like. From what I can tell Rome boards are pretty flexy. I'm looking at the Anthem because from what I can tell it is a switch friendly board, has a fast base, and is flexy but not so bad it couldn't handle a spell of pow or some choppy terrain. I'm definitely not looking for a street board, but I want a flexy board in the 155-156 range. Confused on the Rome boards. Cost will not be an issue with this purpose either. I will also take reccomendations for a board that has what I'm looking for.

I have also been looking at the Graft or the Agent as well. I'd like something with a base that will move pretty well. I like sintered bases so far.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 01-11-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I've been leaning more and more to the Agent, thanks for the reccomendation. I looked at all their numbers but wanted a second opinion as to what would work for me.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride the flag which is the wide anthem and I'd go with the agent if you're looking for a flexy board. The flag/anthem is a stiffer all mountain ride it does have lots of pop but trying to butter and press it takes mucho effort
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
colortv

i've got their catalog in front of me right now and from what i've read i think you should go with the anthem. I'll read you the details on it:

SinterSpeed Base: Gap-clearing, pow-gliding speed.
Airpop Core Matrix: High-energy release, at an ultra-light weight.
CarbonTriax 45 Laminate: Full edge control with addes torsional power.
Impact Plates: Anti-compression protection
AC Technology: Lightness
Torque PowerAMp Technology: increased edge control and snap from turn to turn.
LDC Tehcnology: Lightness
Mountain Edge Profiling: Catch-free bomber edge hold.

and thats pretty much it. Rome's ratings for it, category wise is as follows:
Mountain 9
Park 8
Street 6
Pipe 8

personally i think this'll fit you quite well. either way Rome makes great boards and i hope you enjoy your choice
Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I somehow know I'm really going to enjoy a Rome By next season my skills will definitely progress enough to require such a board for fun stuff. I'll always have my sick free ride boards but I do need a board to spend all day trying fun stuff and eating shit lol.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Anthem/Flag are stiff...I'm saying this from personal experience. If you're looking for a more flexy board from Rome but still stiff enough to handle everything outside the park go with the Agent you'll be happy.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Dude I'm gunna say that your going to want to ride the Agent. I have both an Agent and an Anthem. For what you are trying to build yourself up to an Agent is the better choice. It is an almost twin so it still holds a little bit of a directional shape and it is not as stiff as the Anthem is. It really is a fun board to ride.

What the Agent thinks is shradical: stumps for tapping; road gaps; small hips on the side of the trail; big-ass park jumps; barrel jibs; rollers; untracked couloirs
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm so effing jealous of you...haha... I wanted an Anthem/Flag as my second, all-mountian board but couldn't afford the fackker (at $600 CAD), so i took a deal on something else...

From what I can tell, they make some SICK ASS boards though, and mostly park/trick oriented. My park/beater board is a pretty stiff one for now, but once i get better at rails and such, I'll be getting a Rome as my park board, and will settle for nothing less.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club

Last edited by kri$han; 01-15-2008 at 12:46 PM.
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love the Flag, but that MFM you got is not a slouch either. I'm sure you'll be happy with that also!

I'm probably going to pick up a Lib/GNU MTX deck of some type for my more flexy board this off-season. Now that I have the Flag I can afford to take the shot on the MTX technology