Size question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 53
Default Size question

Alright, short and simple. Buying a K2 Parkstar

I'm 6'3, and 160 pounds.

Is a 157 wide a great fit?

Thanks.
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 486
Default

I wouldn't get a wide unless you absolutely need to.
Are your boots 11.5 or larger?
Otherwise I'd say the length is about right.
thugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

The length is a little long if you are doing park. I'd go one size down as long as it still accommodates your stance width. 157 is still a good size for you. Just that park boards should be shorter.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugit View Post
I wouldn't get a wide unless you absolutely need to.
Are your boots 11.5 or larger?
Otherwise I'd say the length is about right.
Ya, size 14 boots. So I have to get a wide.
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The length is a little long if you are doing park. I'd go one size down as long as it still accommodates your stance width. 157 is still a good size for you. Just that park boards should be shorter.
Ya, a currently ride a 163, which I have found to be a bit too big sometimes. I plan on using this for everything, ie 60 footers at mammoth if I can work up the courage (peer pressure) to hit them . And besides jumps I want to steer my riding into the park a "bit" more.

So is 157 the "happy medium" thats just a little bigger than the 154?
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturner82 View Post
Ya, a currently ride a 163, which I have found to be a bit too big sometimes. I plan on using this for everything, ie 60 footers at mammoth if I can work up the courage (peer pressure) to hit them . And besides jumps I want to steer my riding into the park a "bit" more.

So is 157 the "happy medium" thats just a little bigger than the 154?
You'll be surprised at how much difference you'll notice from just a few cm gains or losses in size. It doesn't sound like you are doing rails so 157 is a great medium actually. 163 is definitely long for your weight though. 155-157 is actually the center of your size range for your weight. All-mountain/freestyle size.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
You'll be surprised at how much difference you'll notice from just a few cm gains or losses in size. It doesn't sound like you are doing rails so 157 is a great medium actually. 163 is definitely long for your weight though. 155-157 is actually the center of your size range for your weight. All-mountain/freestyle size.
Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be trying rails this season, but I wanna be able to point the board anywhere and have it go there. And the 157 seems like a happy medium. Thanks.
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

I have 10lbs on you and ride a 152 darkstar pretty much everywhere. If you are hitting 60 footers, then go with the 157, but, IMO, a better medium would be a 155.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NinjaSteez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturner82 View Post
Ya, a currently ride a 163, which I have found to be a bit too big sometimes. I plan on using this for everything, ie 60 footers at mammoth if I can work up the courage (peer pressure) to hit them . And besides jumps I want to steer my riding into the park a "bit" more.

So is 157 the "happy medium" thats just a little bigger than the 154?
Hey man go with the 154 Wide. I have the 09-10 parkstar 154 Wide. I may not have size 14 boots i wear 10 so maybe a little wide for me but k2 makes boards kinda skinny. I am also 6'2" and 165lbs. The 154 will be able to hold up on the 60 Footers. I was hittin Park City's 70 footer last season on it. The 154 is a really playful board but it definitely can hold on edge for the big stuff. Just do it son. I dont think you'll regret the 154
NinjaSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NinjaSteez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 162
Default

Oh and if you have never had a parkstar they're poppy amazing butteryness will make you jizz your pants. Just thought id add that
NinjaSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums