need help choosing a deck.. options inside - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow need help choosing a deck.. options inside

Hey guys im sure someone here can help me out lol. So im looking to purchase a new deck within the week for this up and coming shred season. So ive done my research and looked up reviews, vids and whatever I could possibly find.

Basically Im gonna be doing park runs with occasional runs down the hill on the local scene. Hit up the mountain every once and a while but I can use my old board if need be. Im still somewhat of an intermediate rider. Working on my jibs and rails small jumps. nothing to crazy yet.

So Im looking at the Capita stairmaster extreme, Forum youngblood chillydog, rome garage rocker, ride kink and ill throw the capita indoor survival flat kick in there even though its a 154. Im looking for a smaller 152. thats why lol

I dont want a complete noodle and nothing to stiff. so most of those boards are bang in the middle. Thanks guys for your input and suggestions. any input and experiance would be solid.
shreduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

oh ya if it makes a difference all the boards are brand new last season models
Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

i can tell you that you aren't gonna want the stairmaster extreme and that the indoor is the better choice from capitas line, and it does come in a 152. besides that all the other boards are jibb/small jump friendly, but i like what capita has to offer so im gonna recomend the indoor cause its got the sintered base and flat kick for a good price and its stiff enough to allow for bigger jumps if thats the way you wish to progress. other boards to look at would be the rome artifact rocker over the garage rocker. Never summers circuit is also a good buy according to people on this forum. One thing to keep in mind is how much you weigh, cause you can get a stiffer board in a small size and make it jibbable, so if you give your weight it can help people give you more options unless you really like the number 152.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

1. How much do you weigh
2. Kink, Artifact '85, Swindle

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

lol sorry guys I just offered those board options because Im either going down to the local shop or ordering from a online store close to hear. thats why the indoor survival is 154. I weigh about 155lbs. I rode a old burton cruzer 154 and my abilities have definately got better then the deck can do for me.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Alright yeah, something around a 152 is good for what you are looking for. I stand by my recommendations.

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

the kink is softer though. Is it gonna be sketch on landings from jumps? Sorry Im asking so many questions just dont want to pick up a board wait a few months in anticipation then be disappointed hahaha
Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It is a softer board, but it is more than capable of handling jumps up to around 50ft without any problems. And you're not sizing it like a jibstick.

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

yah 152 is definitely park size for you, its kinda on the smaller side of right down the middle if you are getting a soft board. in that case i wouldn't get the capita, and i have little to no experince in the other boards, except the kink which i demoed in a 147 for the lols. i do know a kid that used to rock the kink 152 and hes prob a little smaller than you and he was doing backflips on jumps like this Boreal Mountain Resort - POD - Truckee, CA - Lake Tahoe California/Nevada . he did end up getting a stiffer board but he managed with the kink
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

thanks for the replies and opinions guys. Anyone have anything to say about the chillydog? looks like its got some neat tech into it that would make it a not bad park stick.