Shipping Boards to Canada - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Shipping Boards to Canada

While the price of snowboards online all seem to sell at the same price it seems that the cost of shipping them to Canada is all over the place.

I looked on evogear for example and its $174 bucks and while another store in CO has the shipping at $26 bucks.

Can someone explain to me how this works? (i'm getting a NS EVO either a 153 or 156 if that makes a difference?)

Cheers

SIDE NOTE: Why do we pay so much for boards in Canada? The exchange rate is almost on par and if its made in the US doesnt NAFTA mean we don't have to pay all the duty etc?
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
I looked on evogear for example and its $174 bucks and while another store in CO has the shipping at $26 bucks.

Can someone explain to me how this works? (i'm getting a NS EVO either a 153 or 156 if that makes a difference?)
The shipping cost in Evogear apparently includes duties, tax and brokerage fees through Fedex.
"Shipping costs include ALL Duties, Tax, and Brokerage fees! Ground orders ship within 2 business days and expedited orders ship within 1 business day." Try calculating the GST and brokering fee for the NS board if you buy it from CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
Why do we pay so much for boards in Canada? The exchange rate is almost on par and if its made in the US doesnt NAFTA mean we don't have to pay all the duty etc?
Yes if the board is made in the US, then you don't pay duty. Same as cars, clothing, electronics, we pay more in Canada because the local distributors/importers dictate the price.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

NAFTA isn't for you/us.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah as a fellow Canadian I am all too familiar with the ordeals of ordering from the States. But since there is little to no selection in Canada, our hands are basically tied.
I find most sites ship boards for about $50-$80.
DogFunk is quick for shipping to Canada, but suprisingly Backcountry or Department of Goods (which are the exact same store as Dogfunk) both will ship the same product for cheaper... figure that one out.
Sierra Snowboard actually will ship to Canada for free if you buy $500 or more of product. However, they won't be carrying 2011 Never Summer boards (I already checked... bummer, I know)

It's a long hard road ahead, when buying gear from the States, but in the end it pays off with the money saved. I would love to support local shops more, but it's hard to afford spending DOUBLE when you are barely scraping by on a ski-bum's income.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I have looked into it and there is a place in whitefish that carries the board I'm after. I have to go into the states to renew my visa so I think I will pick it up there.

Its a shame the boards are not priced better here.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Don't know if these are r.c. But if they are last years for 330, that's not bad. Wouldn't be too bad for duties either I'd think

303 Boards — 303 Boards x Never Summer Snowboards