Nitro boards??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Nitro boards???

ive been reading alot on there boards here lately...and lookin for one that im needing for mtn. riding and to handle jump landings good, but aint stiff as hell... ive been checking out the 2011 "team" board, does anyone have any info on there boards even from 2010 boards would help... thanks
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Rook and the Team Gullwing would probably work well for you. I have both. Really liked the Rook, but wasn't crazy about the Team Gullwing. Seems like most people love the TG, so it's all personal preference. Rook is billed as a park deck, but I think it works fine for all mountain up to a point. I only hit small kickers with it, but landings were super stable.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yo mane the Nitro T1 is a super fun board. Built for the park but its a pretty playful board that can shred all mountain still. It'll be able to hold up to the bigger kickers out there too. Won a good wood from transworld snowboarding. Damn fine shred stick
NinjaSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSteez View Post
Yo mane the Nitro T1 is a super fun board. Built for the park but its a pretty playful board that can shred all mountain still. It'll be able to hold up to the bigger kickers out there too. Won a good wood from transworld snowboarding. Damn fine shred stick
ok thanks, on there website there seems to be a T1 and a Team board like i was talking about....its 2 different boards right or are u talking about the team board??? on there there site the one listed as T1 seemed to be more to where it could be used in the park too so i dno
Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Team Gullwing and Rook. Nitro has been makin some good boards the last 3 years. Those are at the top of the best they make.

Rook is zero cam, then the TG well is Gullwing. Center rocker between the bindings then it levels out in the tips. Think of C2 or NS Recamber with less camber in the tips.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Second or third the Rook, got the 156 but form y size(6' 185 lbs) I should have gone the 158. The 156 works well for most stuff as an all mountain but the little bit extra edge would let me charge a bit harder. Bottom line super stable solid construction fun twin freestyle deck, for me anyway.
cubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Team Gullwing and Rook. Nitro has been makin some good boards the last 3 years. Those are at the top of the best they make.

Rook is zero cam, then the TG well is Gullwing. Center rocker between the bindings then it levels out in the tips. Think of C2 or NS Recamber with less camber in the tips.
so this rook board seems to be pretty good....u talking about the 2011 or 2010 ?? id say there isnt much change in them but i dno
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with a Rook over the Team Gullwing. The rook is one of my more favorite decks that they make it's playful enough for the park but you can still send it on the mountain. The Team Gullwing is more all mountain freestyle oriented, you can press it, but that requires effort. As far as the T1 that thing is a fucking shitty plank of death that should be set on fire and burned then its ashes should be pissed on.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
so this rook board seems to be pretty good....u talking about the 2011 or 2010 ?? id say there isnt much change in them but i dno
They're basically the same. Supposedly the 2010 had just the slightest hint of camber, and the 2011 is a true zero camber. I could have sworn that I saw literature on the 2010 where it was called zero camber, and then very late in the season switched to low camber. I don't know if they changed the wording so that they could market a change for 2011, or if they really made such a minimal change to it. FWIW I have the 2010, and it looks flat as a pancake to me, and I saw reviews of 2010 where it was called zero camber, but who knows.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bug you're correct it had 1mm of camber but they called it 0 camber in the 2010, nothing has changed though.