board for butters - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default board for butters

so few weeks ago i started a thread about what size to get my rome artifact rocker in. we came into my boot size and waist width's which started me thinking, the artifact rocker maybe is to narrow for me.

my size is:

5,9" hight, 183Lbs, 11 in boot size.

i already got a semi stiff alround truetwin board in 162cm size which i love.

now im thinking about purchasing a true butter board since im so noob i cant proporly butter my 162cm board.

the boards i had in mind were:

Rome Artifact Rocker 153cm (most people seems to believe this one gonna be to narrow for me)
capita horroscope FK 153cm (i chose Rome over this one since everyone say'n Rome make better quality boards)
K2 wwww
Signals Park rocker

i mainly wanna butter, press and do ground tricks with this board. high speed/carving is out of the question.

what board and size to get? right now Horroscope seems perfect due to it being wide.
arborlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ull be okay on artifact width wise unless ur riding 19" stance and 0/0 angles.
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Horrorscope is an amazing board for exactly what you want to do.

If you can, find a 2009-2010 Horrorscope... The 2011's have a weird FK design that I'm not personally a fan of just yet. I've got a 2010 Horrorscope FK and that thing damn near butters itself. And that years FK has a sick sick edgehold for not being a regular camber stick
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Horrorscope is definitely a good option. The new ones flat section is smaller, the rocker starts where the insert packs start. Kinda a mix between center reverse and 3 stage. Another I'll recommend is the 155 SubZero. Its is longer than the rest you're looking at, but it will be just as soft. It is a super buttery board that still turns surprisingly well.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
If you can, find a 2009-2010 Horrorscope...
lol, good luck and join the hundreds out there looking for a leftover. i've searched the world wide web 5 times over in the last couple weeks to no avail.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The Horrorscope is definitely a good option. The new ones flat section is smaller, the rocker starts where the insert packs start. Kinda a mix between center reverse and 3 stage. Another I'll recommend is the 155 SubZero. Its is longer than the rest you're looking at, but it will be just as soft. It is a super buttery board that still turns surprisingly well.
thnx for the replyes gues,

i hate it when they change something that seems to already work perfectly and just remove the oldversion. they should follow bataleon with their CLassic and new ET for ex. i heard that 09 horroscope was even softer?

i have looked into the subzero but i kinda already got a similar board, its my fix 09 @ 162cm. love the laidback feel from it that many people complained about, but want something veryshort for eazy rotations and very playful this time.

i think ill just go with the artifact as i originally intended.

any cue's on the K2 and Signal?

Signal board seems just waaay over the top and the K2 i read/heard is just a bad quality board with nothing special to it and that both artifact and horroscope supposed to be superior in every way. any of you got any experiences?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Subzero is quite different than your Fix. The Fix was a surprisingly stiff board for what it is. It will not be an overlap with the Subzero. The Sub is only two cm longer than what your looking at. Seeing as how its built lighter than all the others, that is not going to make a big enough difference in swing weight that you'll notice it. I can spin my 152 like my Kink 147.

K2 is not low quality. I just think the WWW is a little lacking and thats the board from them that fits your description. Another you may want to check is the Salomon Salomonder 154w. Works perfect for you feet and the rep was telling me they wanted to give that board a .5 out of 5 on stiffness, but opted for 1 to avoid any confusion.

To fit your length desired and your borderline wide needs, Kink 153w. Super soft, damp slimewalls, cleavedge for durability, and prorize for fun.

Also the Signal Park rocker is definitely over the top, but its also a really fun board. Signal is a great company too.

Also, buy my things?

Last edited by Nivek; 09-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Horrorscope. Love mine.
cadencesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The Subzero is quite different than your Fix. The Fix was a surprisingly stiff board for what it is. It will not be an overlap with the Subzero. The Sub is only two cm longer than what your looking at. Seeing as how its built lighter than all the others, that is not going to make a big enough difference in swing weight that you'll notice it. I can spin my 152 like my Kink 147.

K2 is not low quality. I just think the WWW is a little lacking and thats the board from them that fits your description. Another you may want to check is the Salomon Salomonder 154w. Works perfect for you feet and the rep was telling me they wanted to give that board a .5 out of 5 on stiffness, but opted for 1 to avoid any confusion.

To fit your length desired and your borderline wide needs, Kink 153w. Super soft, damp slimewalls, cleavedge for durability, and prorize for fun.

Also the Signal Park rocker is definitely over the top, but its also a really fun board. Signal is a great company too.
totally missed the salomonder, it actually seems just perfect for me. in everyway, exactly what i was looking for and the size seems just perfect.

wanted something with rocker but i guess a supernoodle with 0 camber will do just fine.

been looking at some artifact videos and from them it seems like the board got a weird flex with beeing stiff in the middle. i think i will be happier with an all soft board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadencesdad View Post
Horrorscope. Love mine.
yea everyone seems to praise this board, if i cant get the salomonder then ill try to find a second hand horroscope from last year
Old 09-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah the rep was tellin me the first time he rode it he almost ended up on his ass cause he underestimated the softness in the tail. Over-buttered the thing his first try. After he got used to it (like 6 turns) he said it was a buttery blast to ride.

Also, buy my things?