Burton Bullet=Crap? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Bullet=Crap?

I have the oppurtuinity to trade my painball gun for this board and a pair of $200 bindings. Are these boards any good?
tdg1x07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

i have one. its a 164 wide. im 6'1, riding weight is 210. i think it sux. its supposed to be good to bomb with, but i get so much speed wobble with mine that i dont feel safe bombing with it anymore. carving takes too much effort because of its length and the fact that its a wide board, so im trying to get rid of mine as well.
ct0dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks man i was auctually just about to call the guy and set up the trade. so i'm glad you said something right in time. I think i'm just going to sell my paintball gun on ebay and buy a deck off the internet and put some flow in bindings. Do u know anything about flow in bindings? Like do you know which ones are good and such. I want some for less than $150 if possible.
Thanks
tdg1x07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a POS... Do not buy
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

i dont have personal experience with flow bindings. my gf has flow bindings and likes them because they are easy to get into. but a friend of mine told me that they are back heavy, meaning when/if u catch air, the heel of your board will point down just slightly to cause u to land on an edge. in other words, you will fall each and every time. but again, i dont have personal experience.

just get the new union force bindings. i just picked up the K2 WWW 2010, and i'm waiting for union bindings to come to the store i go to. union forces are going to be about $200 tho. so not sure if u want to shell out that much. but personally, id say its worth it.
ct0dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdg1x07 View Post
I have the oppurtuinity to trade my painball gun for this board and a pair of $200 bindings. Are these boards any good?
How long have you been riding for? If you are just starting out, and the board is the right size for you, than that is a decent deal. In the larger picture the Bullet is not a "high end" board. However, that does not mean it is crap, either. For a new rider on a budget it is a decent choice.

And yes, you SHOULD get rid of the paintball gun, because airsoft is where it is at! :P

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Bullets are junk as far as I know. My brother bought one brand new last year and after a dozen or so runs the edges and top sheet started to splinter. Was the exact same size deck.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

POS!

10char
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Its an alright bigginer board. Especially if you're tight on money.

Last edited by Serg25; 09-30-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Serg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

figure out what your other options would be- if you're just getting in to the sport, then a bullet may be a great board for you. especially since you're not going to have to shell out any cash for it, just a trade. you shouldn't spend big money on an advanced board before you are ready, it might actually slow your progress, not help it.

I'm riding a bullet with custom bindings right now, and it's ok. entry level board, but it means i'm out there. I'm definitely ready to upgrade, and will be doing so when I make a trip back to the USA later this year. but the Bullet was available and affordable for me at the time, so it was a good choice.
cpt_usa is offline   Reply With Quote