Need opinions for NEW board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need opinions for NEW board

I'm open to all opinions here and I'd appreciate it if this thread doesn't turn into a fight between who thinks their decks are better than the others. An opinion is an opinion so respect it. First off a little about me and how I've rode and how I want to ride.

Years and I mean years back, I just rode a Sims CD board (dont remember it's length). It definitely was a camber board. I use to just rip up the groomers and that was it. Now I want to do the same except I want to start riding switch when I feel like it and be able to hit up the half pipe and some jumps. I don't see myself messing with rails too much.

It would be nice to butter around the whole mountain and that is the main reason I'm looking for Rocker/cambered boards. It's my understanding that if you desire speed and stability, then you need a cambered board and if you desire freestyle then reverse cambered is the way to go. I want both!

I'll admit I'm pretty much set on getting a Burton board (but also open to opinions for other brands) and I'm considering the Custom flying V because of the claims that you can do it all (cost kind of hurts though). Anyone have an opinion whether or not this is a good choice or have something better in mind? Remember, I want to have speed but my main thing this year is to learn riding switch and be able to butter around the entire mountain and also hit some jumps and maybe halfpipe.

Thanks guys
imprezd is offline   Reply With Quote