Beginner Board Suggestion for 250lb person - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beginner Board Suggestion for 250lb person

ok, so I bought a burton bullet, but after reading and reading and reading some of you are very opinionated about the bullet as a shit stick. Can you please give me some suggestions on a board that is decent and not more then 400 dollars.

5'10
250lbs
Size 10 foot

Thank you guys.

RIDE PROPHET
RIDE Concept TMS
Ride Control Snowboard
Flow Infinite Snowboard 2010
Flow Solitude Snowboard 2010

Last edited by snoweater; 09-30-2010 at 06:33 PM.
snoweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

the bullet is an entry level board. it's not great at anything. I've just done most of the season here in NZ on one, because that's what I could afford.

I reckon stick with it. as a new snowboarder, the bullet should be pretty easy to learn and progress on. Depending on how often you go, you might outgrow its capabilities pretty quickly though.

No point in spending big money for a board that you'll never take advantage of, when you already have one that will get you out there. That being said, I'm ditching my bullet and upgrading asap.
cpt_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt_usa View Post
the bullet is an entry level board. it's not great at anything. I've just done most of the season here in NZ on one, because that's what I could afford.

I reckon stick with it. as a new snowboarder, the bullet should be pretty easy to learn and progress on. Depending on how often you go, you might outgrow its capabilities pretty quickly though.

No point in spending big money for a board that you'll never take advantage of, when you already have one that will get you out there. That being said, I'm ditching my bullet and upgrading asap.
the problem is the bullet was rated at 220+ weight at 164 Wide and I'm 260 now. I am sending it back now and got the flow infinite as it had a great review, the board is lighter then the Burton and is a mid-advanced board. I started working out and plan on hitting 240 but that's still more weight then the board can handle. the flow is rated at 240+ and its not a wide board. my foot is a size 10 so it does not make sense to get a wide board either.

so at the moment I'm looking at infinite 168cm + Ride RX Bindings + Ride Deuce boots. homing the boots will fit me correctly or i ll have to send them back.
snoweater is offline   Reply With Quote