All mountain board suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All mountain board suggestions

I didn't get far with my first thread so I'll keep this shorter. I'm looking for a good board that will allow me to sustain good speeds in the groomers and also be good for buttering around the mountain. I want to also ride switch, hit jump and maybe do some half-pipe.

I'm considering the burton flying v. Anyone have any suggestions on camber boards vs rocker vs camber/rocker for what I want?
imprezd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Price range?

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezd View Post
I didn't get far with my first thread so I'll keep this shorter. I'm looking for a good board that will allow me to sustain good speeds in the groomers and also be good for buttering around the mountain. I want to also ride switch, hit jump and maybe do some half-pipe.

I'm considering the burton flying v. Anyone have any suggestions on camber boards vs rocker vs camber/rocker for what I want?
I haven't tried it, but I'm looking for the exact same thing as you (plus it has to be decent on powder)... I'm 70% sure I'm going for the K2 Turbo Dream. You should look at the K2 Slayblade too if you are more focused on charging groomers than powder runs.

Last edited by boarder27; 09-30-2010 at 10:28 PM.
boarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor Coda.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Price range?
Well, I'm barely willing to spend the $530 for the Burton Flying V so that will be my price cap. Nothing over that range. I still need to buy all the necessary gear plus my season pass.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I won't lie to you... The Burton Custom Flying-V was one of my favorite boards at the test fest this year. Actually, it was my favorite at first, but over time it has just become one of my favorites lol.

It's not the super stable, but you really have to push it to even start to feel sketchy. I'm talking about maching down double blacks with icey conditions. If you want to do that type of riding, I'd get a Lib Tech or a Burton Custom X (will be expensive unless you find some older models).

Just remember, you'll probably want to pick up Burton EST bindings for this board. That's going to cost you extra $$$. You can get conversion plates, but I just feel that it makes the ICS pointless. If you aren't going to use the ICS/EST combo, you might as well just get another brand's board. Not because it makes the board crappy to use with other bindings, but because you are paying a premium for the system.

Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard 2011

Back to the Lib Tech Suggestion. This is a little over your budget, but is a killer stick. The T-Rice is super stable and is going to absolutely slay whatever you throw at it. It's a stiff board so it won't be good on jibs at all, but it doesn't sound like you'll be riding any rails so you're golden.

Lib Tech T. Rice Pro Model C2 BTX Snowboard 2011
I personally chose a K2 Turbo Dream. It's not going to be the best pipe board, but it will pop enough for you. For the rest of your type of riding, it is going to be awesome.

K2 Turbo Dream Mens Snowboard 2011

Ride DH2 - Great all-mountain deck that will handle speed very well. It's also going to be killer in the half pipe if you ever decide to get really into it. This thing has a ton of pop.

Ride DH2 Mens Snowboard 2011

Rome Agent - I haven't personally tested this board, but it's getting a lot of rave reviews
Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard 2011
Old 10-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I won't lie to you... The Burton Custom Flying-V was one of my favorite boards at the test fest this year. Actually, it was my favorite at first, but over time it has just become one of my favorites lol.

It's not the super stable, but you really have to push it to even start to feel sketchy. I'm talking about maching down double blacks with icey conditions. If you want to do that type of riding, I'd get a Lib Tech or a Burton Custom X (will be expensive unless you find some older models).

Just remember, you'll probably want to pick up Burton EST bindings for this board. That's going to cost you extra $$$. You can get conversion plates, but I just feel that it makes the ICS pointless. If you aren't going to use the ICS/EST combo, you might as well just get another brand's board. Not because it makes the board crappy to use with other bindings, but because you are paying a premium for the system.

Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard 2011

Back to the Lib Tech Suggestion. This is a little over your budget, but is a killer stick. The T-Rice is super stable and is going to absolutely slay whatever you throw at it. It's a stiff board so it won't be good on jibs at all, but it doesn't sound like you'll be riding any rails so you're golden.

Lib Tech T. Rice Pro Model C2 BTX Snowboard 2011
I personally chose a K2 Turbo Dream. It's not going to be the best pipe board, but it will pop enough for you. For the rest of your type of riding, it is going to be awesome.

K2 Turbo Dream Mens Snowboard 2011

Ride DH2 - Great all-mountain deck that will handle speed very well. It's also going to be killer in the half pipe if you ever decide to get really into it. This thing has a ton of pop.

Ride DH2 Mens Snowboard 2011

Rome Agent - I haven't personally tested this board, but it's getting a lot of rave reviews
Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard 2011
Thanks bro. This is very helpful. Now I can't wait for the snow to fly!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder27 View Post
I haven't tried it, but I'm looking for the exact same thing as you (plus it has to be decent on powder)... I'm 70% sure I'm going for the K2 Turbo Dream. You should look at the K2 Slayblade too if you are more focused on charging groomers than powder runs.
Good advice on the Slayblade over the Turbo Dream if you're not going to be riding much powder, but it's a bit more expensive too. The Slayblade is only a bit over your $530 budget, but the Turbo Dream comes in under that price, so you'd have some money saved to buy your lift pass.

You can check out reviews for the both boards @ K2 Snowboards Reviews

K2 Turbo Dream Review

K2 Slayblade Review

Hope that helps
Old 10-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey Leo, how come you didn't recommend any NS boards, just curious?
MountainManCO is offline   Reply With Quote