burton blunt vs others - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
MONSTRO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default burton blunt vs others

Alright so im getting back into the snowboard world after not going in about 9 years and I'm lookin to buy a new board soon along with boots, bindings, and some other random shit. Now I'm not sure what's the "best" board for myself but I just went to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI and found myself doing very well. Now here is my info, maybe sumone could point me in the right direction what to get.

Height: 6'3''
Weight: 195
Boots: 13/14
Age: 21

Now I read that a wide board could be good since I have big feet so maybe there's a start. I'm lookin to stay in the range of $200-400 max so I figured maybe the blunt was perfect.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
zumiezrep24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
Alright so im getting back into the snowboard world after not going in about 9 years and I'm lookin to buy a new board soon along with boots, bindings, and some other random shit. Now I'm not sure what's the "best" board for myself but I just went to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI and found myself doing very well. Now here is my info, maybe sumone could point me in the right direction what to get.

Height: 6'3''
Weight: 195
Boots: 13/14
Age: 21

Now I read that a wide board could be good since I have big feet so maybe there's a start. I'm lookin to stay in the range of $200-400 max so I figured maybe the blunt was perfect.
if you get/got a blunt ill laugh because i had a kid come in that weighed 145 and was 5ft 11 that cracked the topsheet of the blunt on his first ride and his first nosebutter on it roflmfao... and your like zomg its a burton thats not likely. acutally it is with their new infinite ride. get a rome artifact or a lib-tech dont waste your time looking at burtons anymore the infinite ride is useless...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 186
Default

Burton makes fine stuff...lots of haters out there...just make sure you get a board that fits and enjoy getting back into the sport...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
MONSTRO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

lol this thread is old/needs to be deleted. I went with this board: Rome Manual Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2008 162
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sedition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
if you get/got a blunt ill laugh because i had a kid come in that weighed 145 and was 5ft 11 that cracked the topsheet of the blunt on his first ride and his first nosebutter on it roflmfao... and your like zomg its a burton thats not likely. acutally it is with their new infinite ride. get a rome artifact or a lib-tech dont waste your time looking at burtons anymore the infinite ride is useless...
There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

Homeboy is 6'3, size 14 boot, and weighs 195 lbs. Without even know what KIND of riding he wants to be doing doing you drop the Artifact? That is pure humor.
__________________
"Nancy Ninja Nabs Nefarious Nymph. Pays Price Per Pissed Pants!" -Flick

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society


sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

yea but what length board was he riding? each board has diff weight specs
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
PapaWood
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
if you get/got a blunt ill laugh because i had a kid come in that weighed 145 and was 5ft 11 that cracked the topsheet of the blunt on his first ride and his first nosebutter on it roflmfao... and your like zomg its a burton thats not likely. acutally it is with their new infinite ride. get a rome artifact or a lib-tech dont waste your time looking at burtons anymore the infinite ride is useless...
God every post this zumiez guy makes is total idiot. Honestly bro, where the hell do you ride that you have seen every Burton and Flow product in existence break. I have yet to see you make one comment that did anything but bash burton or flow products. It isn't helping anyone, just stop....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
zumiezrep24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWood View Post
God every post this zumiez guy makes is total idiot. Honestly bro, where the hell do you ride that you have seen every Burton and Flow product in existence break. I have yet to see you make one comment that did anything but bash burton or flow products. It isn't helping anyone, just stop....
lets see. hm. considering i am in the industry, and a huge retailer, not saying the completely best but saying im in the business, id have to go with yes i have as a matter of fact seem 6 sets of flows break this year already wether they were my friends or just a random kid in the store, i have seen 4 burtons break so far this season, and acutualy 1 rome artifact (but that was completely his fault). im not entirely "bashing" those companies im trying to steer people away from them and get them to spend their money on something that they will have for as long as they want to have it. im not a dick who says get this its DA BOMB and they go out and it breaks the first day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
zumiezrep24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
yea but what length board was he riding? each board has diff weight specs
155 weight range with that baord is 120 to 170... so he was inbetween and he was at a shitty place alpine valley early in the season so i know he wasnt doing much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
romesaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 351
Default

I don't understand how any retailer would allow this dude to represent them.
And you DO nothing EXCEPT hate.
Numerous posts contain "burton F---ing sucks" "Flow bindings are the worst" etc etc
Just because you work for a store, doesn't make your opinion any better than any one else's. Especially with the credibility you've established on these boards.
I guess we can't shut you up, but can you at LEAST learn some grammar and punctuation?
Since you're IN the industry, I would assume you have to have basic communication skills, right?
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums