burton blunt vs others - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
MONSTRO

Default burton blunt vs others

Alright so im getting back into the snowboard world after not going in about 9 years and I'm lookin to buy a new board soon along with boots, bindings, and some other random shit. Now I'm not sure what's the "best" board for myself but I just went to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI and found myself doing very well. Now here is my info, maybe sumone could point me in the right direction what to get.

Height: 6'3''
Weight: 195
Boots: 13/14

Now I read that a wide board could be good since I have big feet so maybe there's a start. I'm lookin to stay in the range of $200-400 max so I figured maybe the blunt was perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
Alright so im getting back into the snowboard world after not going in about 9 years and I'm lookin to buy a new board soon along with boots, bindings, and some other random shit. Now I'm not sure what's the "best" board for myself but I just went to Devils Head in Merrimac, WI and found myself doing very well. Now here is my info, maybe sumone could point me in the right direction what to get.

Height: 6'3''
Weight: 195
Boots: 13/14

Now I read that a wide board could be good since I have big feet so maybe there's a start. I'm lookin to stay in the range of $200-400 max so I figured maybe the blunt was perfect.
if you get/got a blunt ill laugh because i had a kid come in that weighed 145 and was 5ft 11 that cracked the topsheet of the blunt on his first ride and his first nosebutter on it roflmfao... and your like zomg its a burton thats not likely. acutally it is with their new infinite ride. get a rome artifact or a lib-tech dont waste your time looking at burtons anymore the infinite ride is useless...
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Burton makes fine stuff...lots of haters out there...just make sure you get a board that fits and enjoy getting back into the sport...
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
MONSTRO

lol this thread is old/needs to be deleted. I went with this board: Rome Manual Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2008 162
Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
if you get/got a blunt ill laugh because i had a kid come in that weighed 145 and was 5ft 11 that cracked the topsheet of the blunt on his first ride and his first nosebutter on it roflmfao... and your like zomg its a burton thats not likely. acutally it is with their new infinite ride. get a rome artifact or a lib-tech dont waste your time looking at burtons anymore the infinite ride is useless...
There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

Homeboy is 6'3, size 14 boot, and weighs 195 lbs. Without even know what KIND of riding he wants to be doing doing you drop the Artifact? That is pure humor.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

yea but what length board was he riding? each board has diff weight specs
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
PapaWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
God every post this zumiez guy makes is total idiot. Honestly bro, where the hell do you ride that you have seen every Burton and Flow product in existence break. I have yet to see you make one comment that did anything but bash burton or flow products. It isn't helping anyone, just stop....
Old 01-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWood View Post
God every post this zumiez guy makes is total idiot. Honestly bro, where the hell do you ride that you have seen every Burton and Flow product in existence break. I have yet to see you make one comment that did anything but bash burton or flow products. It isn't helping anyone, just stop....
lets see. hm. considering i am in the industry, and a huge retailer, not saying the completely best but saying im in the business, id have to go with yes i have as a matter of fact seem 6 sets of flows break this year already wether they were my friends or just a random kid in the store, i have seen 4 burtons break so far this season, and acutualy 1 rome artifact (but that was completely his fault). im not entirely "bashing" those companies im trying to steer people away from them and get them to spend their money on something that they will have for as long as they want to have it. im not a dick who says get this its DA BOMB and they go out and it breaks the first day.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
yea but what length board was he riding? each board has diff weight specs
155 weight range with that baord is 120 to 170... so he was inbetween and he was at a shitty place alpine valley early in the season so i know he wasnt doing much.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't understand how any retailer would allow this dude to represent them.
And you DO nothing EXCEPT hate.
Numerous posts contain "burton F---ing sucks" "Flow bindings are the worst" etc etc
Just because you work for a store, doesn't make your opinion any better than any one else's. Especially with the credibility you've established on these boards.
I guess we can't shut you up, but can you at LEAST learn some grammar and punctuation?
Since you're IN the industry, I would assume you have to have basic communication skills, right?
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote