How often should I wax a sintered base? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How often should I wax a sintered base?

Yeh I was getting confused so I need some clarification about sintered bases because I've heard anywhere from everyday to once a week. Also how often does a sintered base have to be waxed compared to an extruded base? Thanks for the help guys and sorry about the nooby questions haha >.<
jon2468321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I prefer about every 3-4 days per wax job, but I do not always get inside of that time frame. Extruded is just shit and doesn't absorb wax well.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

It would somewhat depend on how long you ride and what type of conditions your riding in. If you're riding on hard/icy snow or on rails/boxes all day you may want to wax after the days over before you go back out. If your riding on pow and not on the rails or boxes then your wax will probably last a good 3 - 4 full days of riding.

How well you wax will determine how frequent you wax too. It would be wise to completely remove all wax and clean the surface before each time you hot wax. This will ensure you get the maximum amount of wax in your base.
imprezd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hey,

do you have a specific reason to want to wax, or is it just that you know "you should"? Nobody wants their base to dry out, but at the same time, it's a bit of a hassle waxing it frequently.

I'll wax my board before a two week trip, and then leave it alone. It's the Lib Tech t.rice, and the base is pretty dame fast, without a fresh wax.

So that's why I ask - I don't notice my base being slow or anything like that, so I don't wax it more than once per trip. As for damage, I'm more likely to knack it on a rail, tree, rock or something like that.

If you wax it regularly, are you using an all round, all-temp wax? I'm no wax expert, but I've asked around in a few service-shops, and the line I get is that if you use the wrong type of wax for the conditions, it's worse than not waxing it at all...

Cheers, Gavin

You might find these useful: Learn to Snowboard Guide and A Guide to Snowboard Tricks
GavinHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sintered can be waxed every 3-4 days up. However it NEEDS to be waxed every 10 days up.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

man made snow / ice - every time

fresh powder - every 3-4 times

average conditions - every 2-3 times

you're probably not going to damage your board if you stretch it a little, you're just not going to have as much fun. also, if you know you're going to be on ice, you don't have to be as thorough with buffing it. that shit will scrape any excess wax off with your first run.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote