Need some opinions! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some opinions!

Hey guys, I'm 6'1 220 lbs with a size 12 boot looking for a park board that I can also take out of the park and not have it completely fold on me. I'm 18 years old and been riding since I was a kid, but I don't have a whole lot of experience in the park. These are the boards I've been looking at:

K2 Parkstar: I've heard nothing but great things about this board and I heard the jib rocker was badass!

Bataleon Evil Twin: I'm really interested in TBT and this is supposed to be an awesome board.

Never Summer Revolver: This board has a great rep and I've heard its a bit stiffer then your average park board, so this might be right up my alley. NS says this board is for advanced riders so I'm unsure if this will be too much for me skill wise.
lealjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ride Machete is awesome and the DH2. Best decks to own if you're in the park a lot but don't want a second board to rip everything else. The Parkstar is great too, very similar to a Machete, but a little more rocker, can't rip as fast on it, but handles jibs better. Edge hold might not be what you want for outside the park, but it is very good compared to most rocker out there. I can't comment for the Bataleon or NS. My buddy rides an Evil Twin and loves it, but it's way too big for me, so I can't give an objective opinion. NS is great technology for park boards, but from what I hear it's for more experienced rider (park wise) than a flat or rocker. But again, haven't ridden one yet.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Look at the K2 fastplant too. It has a 5 year warranty and the core is supposed to be indestructible. Saw a video from K2 of them just beating crap out it and trying to break it but they couldn't. Reviews also say that it's pretty stable outside of the park. Comes as 156 or 159 in the wide version.

Last edited by Qball; 10-03-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
Look at the K2 fastplant too. It has a 5 year warranty and the core is supposed to be indestructible. Saw a video from K2 of them just beating crap out it and trying to break it but they couldn't. Reviews also say that it's pretty stable outside of the park. Comes as 156 or 159 in the wide version.
The Fastplant is an amazing all park board. I think it's a little soft for someone 200+ lbs. It's a touch softer than a Machete or Parkstar and a fair bit softer than a DH2 or Evil Twin. But it's the lightest of all the boards mentioned so far and at least as strong if not stronger because if it's bamboo core.

Note that K2's 5 year warranty is on manufacturer defect and they pretty much won't take any board cracked from regular use. That being said, getting them to honor that warranty with significant signs of use isn't going to be easy. But the Fastplant is still a very very nice park deck.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well it's a 5 year warranty on the core, so if you crack your board under regular use they will replace it. They claim they can't even break it with their machines so if it breaks at all under normal use it is considered a defect. Now if you take a jack hammer too it, no they won't replace it.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Also, i think a 159 wide would work for park for his size.