Burton Custom X or Ride Machete ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Custom X or Ride Machete ?

Hey guys. I've found a Burton Custom X (model 2010) for a good price and was wondering how it compares to the 2010 or 2011 Ride Machete. I was also wondering how exactly does the lowpro camber on the Ride Machete work ? Is it considered a flat camber, traditional camber or a rocker/reverse camber like Lib Tech Skate banana ? My style of riding is more like bombing down and hitting whatever is on the way, not too much of a park guy. Been riding for about 10 years.
FeelTheBeaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Out of the two, the Custom X is going to be best for your style. You are not going to like the Machete for bombing.

The Machete's lowrize rocker is a very subtle rocker between the bindings.

If you want a Ride snowboard that is better suited to your needs, look at the High Life. This has a LowPro rocker. It is a subtle rocker in the tip and nearly flat in the tail. It's a much better board for bombing runs.

Out of the High Life and Custom X... depends. If you ride a lot of powder, the High Life wins my vote. If you do mainly groomers and some powder, the Custom X gets my vote. If you do a lot of jumping (even if you ever venture into the park), the Custom X is better.

Last edited by Leo; 10-06-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Custom X is much stiffer and much more freeride oriented. Machete is more of an all mountain board. If you like to go really fast, lay out big carves and rarely hit the park, then the custom X would be a good choice as it's an excellent freeride board. The Machete would be good for crusing and would be much more park friendly - it can pretty much handle anything you throw at it fairly well.

Lowrise basically means that it's flat between the bindings and rockered on the tip and tail. There is a whole technology section on their website where they go over all of the different shapes and what they mean.
boarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Video Ride Machete Board Review

Hey,
Watch The All Black Shredder test the 2011 Ride Machete.

All Black Shredder independent test of the Ride Machete - ESPN
TheBoardTestTV is offline   Reply With Quote