2011 Lib Tech TRS C2 Power BTX, Plz Help. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Lib Tech TRS C2 Power BTX, Plz Help.

Just got this board, graphic is pretty sick up close; sick magne sidewalls and banana is pretty mellow compared to most lib's. I'm about 5'10-5'11 (6ft with boots on) size 10.5 and i got the board in a 157 and the board comes right to my chin with no shoes on. I haven't gotten the chance to ride it and i went out on a limb on buying it after doing a lot of research and it seemed to be a pretty well rounded board. I'm mostly all mountain, freeride and backcountry but i love booming down the mountain on black and double blacks and i just want to know if this board will be able to hold its own for the size i got it in for carving and what not. I know it already holds its own in the pipe and park but i just hope that it is still stiff enough for aggressive free riding/carving with the size i have. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts about it (preferably if you've ridden the board) but any advice is much appreciated.I know with the addition of C2 this year it is supposed to be pretty good all-mountain but would me getting a 159 really make much of a difference and is the board stiff enough for really hitting the whole mountain? How is it compared to the TRice?
dreisen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

How much do you weigh? Picking a board based on how far it reaches up to your head is the most inaccurate way to size a board.

The T-Rice is backcountry killer. Travis Rice rides this thing everywhere. It handled everything on the mountain I rode it on very well. No stability issues at all. Fast, steeps, icey runs, all eaten up by this board.

I weigh 180lbs and rode the 157.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

im about 160 lbs give or take a few. The TRS i know is a little less on the flex meter than the TRice. I think the TRice is 7/10 on libs scale and the TRS is a 6/10. I just want to make sure this board will hold up well enough at fast speeds and aggressive freeriding
Old 10-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The 157 is perfect for you then. Actually, you could have even went down to the 155.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The 157 is perfect for you then. Actually, you could have even went down to the 155.
Totally agree with your first point, but he didn't mention any park riding so I don't think a 155 would give him any benefit.

BTW, I have a 157 T.Rice C2 that I use 75% of the time and I agree, it pretty much slays any line I can ride at a thick 5'5" 175lbs... for anything really deep I use a 160 Mullet BTX.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice, thanks for the input. Im really considering sending back my 2011 TRS and getting the new TRice. It just seems like more of an all mountain board with a bit more stiffness. I was messing around with my TRS and it just felt slightly flimsy to me and it worried me because i love booming down the mountain but if this thing gets chattery it will really disappoint me, Granted i havent been on the snow with it and everything i read about it said its an all mountain killer but I just dont want ot pay close to $600 for a board that wont handle everything i throw at it. Im probably overlooking this and the TRS probably would do fine either way. if you could gimme some details on how the TRice rides id appreciate it a lot, i'm about 5 to 6 inches taller than you so do you think a 161.5 would suit me bes, or a 157. I just want a good all mountain board that i can go anywhere with and not have to worry about it not handling. Thanks again
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definitely get the 157.
I don't think you'll have much "flimsy chatter issues" with the TRS, that thing is pretty solid. The T-rice is really stiff.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi guys!I am a new member here and i want your advice.I am thinking of buying the T.Rice Pro c2 Btx but i dont know which length will be suitable for me.I weigh round 143lbs at 5,10 height.I am between the 153 and 157 t.rice.Can you help me deciding for this board?Thank you!!!
konstantinos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinos91 View Post
Hi guys!I am a new member here and i want your advice.I am thinking of buying the T.Rice Pro c2 Btx but i dont know which length will be suitable for me.I weigh round 143lbs at 5,10 height.I am between the 153 and 157 t.rice.Can you help me deciding for this board?Thank you!!!
At a buck 43, the 153 T.Rice is the only option, and that might even be a handful!
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

I currently ride the 2010 TRS BTX. Even when I fly down the "hill" at near mach 1 (I ride in MN thats as fast as we go before we hit bottom) I don't have any chatter. I'm a bit heavier,205, and I ride the 162 but there is no C2BTX so I think you'd be just fine.