Going to SkiDazzle, need your guys's help with board choice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Going to SkiDazzle, need your guys's help with board choice

Hey guys. Been running a burton AIR 5.1 board for a few seasons now (only recently got serious last season instead of a "ill go sometimes" kind of thing). From my research, the board is like 15 years old but used it and it worked great for what it is. I had been doing research on a new board for when the time comes and i think the time is finally near. Im rocking Solomon Force 07-08 bindings i got for $30 +shipping on clearence, sweet deal. Anyways, my friends have gone to SkiDazzle twice now and have built up their stuff, all up to date and stuff. Im lacking a "real" jacket (i use some snow jacket from Sears thats not even rated like snowboarding jackets are, but it gets the job done) and an up to date board. When i was doing my research some time ago, i discovered rocker and camber type board and then fixated on the Never Summer SLR/SL/Legacy boards for their combination of Rocker+Camber. I havnt heard too many things about them at SkiDazzle or if they sell clearenced items or last season stuff for alot cheaper than their current stuff so i was wondering if there are any notable Rocker+Camber type boards out there that are still good quality but that i might find cheaper than a NeverSummer for example. Thanks for any help!
Helgaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Assuming you are an all mountain type rider:

Rome Agent Rocker

Burton Custom Flying V

Lib Tech TRS C2 BTX

Lib Tech T-Rice C2 BTX (this one is stiff, so it's a fast and hard charging board)

Rossignol One Magtek (only the 2011 version)

K2 Turbo Dream (not really a hybrid, but rather it is completely flat between the bindings with a mellow rocker in tip and tail)

Ride DH2 (Similar to the Turbo Dream's camber with a flat zone)
Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome thanks for the response! For anyone else reading i forgot to mention that SkiDazzle is a convention here in Southern California that has vendors of all types of snow and ski gear selling last season's leftovers at clearence prices and stuff.

But yeah as far as what i like, something very general. I like going down the hill, i like finding the powdery areas sometimes (i dont do this as much though at Mt.High), i like hitting the rails, boxes, jumps, ramps but im not an expert park rider by any definition either.

one more thing, i noticed like on the burton the way the binding mounts is different, with that long slit. I would just have to purchase new disks to fit my current ones on there right? My current ones use the standard disk (it has 6 holes i beleive, 3 and 3)

Also i just wanted to add that i will most likely be looking at 2010 boards, not 2011 so hopefully that doesnt make a difference on most models.

Last edited by Helgaiden; 10-07-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good luck finding anything remotely desirable at SkiDazzle...usually these are clearance items that are a couple of seasons old, especially for snowboards. I went to this past one and only saw decks that you'd see at the big box stores that never sold. I did see a few pre-R.C. Never Summer decks. You'd be better off ordering online with past season decks on sale.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah if you can find a brand new neversummer from last year from a reputable dealer then mad. MAD props to you.
thugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was looking at some websites but didnt find much in the way of "last season" specials/sections/etc. Thehouse has a clearence section but only has poopy boards in that section. Ebay wasnt much help either (other than 2010 burton flying Vs). Just trying to get an idea of a price but its looking like $300-$350, i wont be getting away with anything from anywhere online and was hopin skiDazzle might...just MIGHT have something close to what im looking for in that price range. That also doesnt seem likely...but only time will tell. I gotta go so i can get a good jacket anyways. And also the "free" pass to bear mountain that goes along with the price of entry.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What exactly is your budget and measurements?

Weight
Boot size
Height
Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

5'10
175llbs
Size 10
Ideally, under $300. Realistically, under $400. But as close to $300 as possible.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard 2011

This is a mid flex board with a rocker/camber tech. It'll be good for parks as well as cruising at moderate speeds. Won't be the best for maching down double blacks though.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Very nice! I dont really like blacks or double blacks so i dont go on those much anyways but for everything else its a good all around board? Thats good to hear. Curious though...does the 2010 model have the same hybrid technology?