Help Me Choose MY FIRST BOARD!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help Me Choose MY FIRST BOARD!!

Im a relatively new rider. 09-10 was my first season and i made it out about 10 times; btw i was a skier first and im never going back haha.I'm 21, 5'10-5'11, 160 lbs (give or take a few)and im really looking into a lot of lib techs and capitas. For lib i narrowed it down to the new 2011 TRS C2 Power BTX and the new TRice. Since im new to the game its kinda hard for me to judge my riding style at this point but i would say im mostly all mountain, lots of back country, speed and booming down the mountain are what i like. I hit the park too but on occasion. Basically i want a board that i will be able to have good control over and will handle anything i throw at it. I would say im a pretty aggressive rider; even after a whole day at Copper i was riding switch, deep carving to my nipples and hitting little kinks with some nice demo boards i rented. I like the TRS a lot but i feel it might be slightly too flimsy and get squirly at high speeds. The TRice is sweet and im positive it holds its own. I just want to know what is truly the difference between these 2 boards. I know the Trice is a little stiffer but i really need some first hand exp from someone whose ridden at least one if not both of these boards. Also, what would be a good size for me. I heard you can go shorter with C2 so that would be a factor as well. Most of the boards i demoed in copper were 156-158 and i guess i was okay with it but i want to make sure that i control the board, not the other way around. Any input is much appreciated. thanks and Cheers.
dreisen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't ridden either one but, have you looked at Never Summer SL?

SL | Never Summer Industries

Last edited by Jay29; 10-08-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're looking for a 2011, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and just have to have a new board to start the season, I'd just hold off a little bit and check out some demo days. You're not going to find any deals on high demand 2011 boards right now anyway.

If you were looking for 2010, I'd say get on it ASAP, but looking at 2011, might as well take advantage of some opportunities to try out some different boards and see what you like best.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You know, I don't want to be a dick (yes, I do), but no. Find it yourself.

*sigh*

NeverSummer does make pretty good boards judging from all the positive feedback it gets. K2 has a new board called the raygun which might be up your alley (I've heard it's a cheaper version of the Turbo Dream). There's also Ride's Highlife which is mostly freeride oriented. It's rocker isn't insane so you don't have to worry about washing out, but I'm not sure how great it is in the park.

There's also a company out there called Sentury Snowboards. I think a fair amount of their boards might suit your style besides the fact most are camber (most of us learned on camber, you can too). If you're fine with that they have a two week trial period where you can try it out for free before shipping it back (or, if you like the board, don't). Snowboards by Sentury Snowboards - FREE DEMO explained
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lib Tech T. Rice Pro Model C2 BTX Snowboard 2011

No deal huh? Well, Snowboards.net is giving away a free pair of SkullCandy LowRider headphones with this board

For your purposes, the T-Rice is the better choice for you. The TRS is a bit flimsy at speed because it is mid flex. The T-Rice is stiffer and kills the steeps.

I haven't ridden it on the backcountry (or any backcountry at that), but T-Rice sure rips it up with his stick.

Honestly, the T-Rice is a sick board. Super stable, poppy, and tons of grip.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default question

Big decision here, Im 6'0 150 lbs. and sz 13 boot. Do I go with the Lib Technologies T.Rice Pro Model C2 BTX 161.5 board or the Lib Technologies Skunk Ape C2 BTX Snowboard - 157 Wide? I know I need a wide board because of the big feet but the Trice is already wide too. So will there be overhang with the Trice or what? any suggestions. Was prob goina go with the Union asdachi 3 bindings also. Please throw some advice my way. Peace
new here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude quit spamming old threads with the same question over and over. Get the skunk ape so your clown feet don't drag in the snow.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

sorry wasnt sure how to open a thread of my own hence the name "new here". and thanks for the reply.
new here is offline   Reply With Quote